Money and Career Hero Images 6png?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Money and Career Hero Images 6png?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Her Campus Media
Wellness > Sex + Relationships

3 Fun Things to Do In Your Long-Distance Relationship NOW

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Long distance sucks, let’s be real. Whether it’s your best friend or significant other that’s miles away, keeping the relationship strong and spontaneous is crucial. After dating my boyfriend for now three and a half years, I’ve learned that you have to make the effort to keep things as “normal” as possible, and that entails many FaceTime dates. If you’re looking for more ways to keep things fun, you’ve come to the right place. I’ve compiled a short, but attainable list of activities for you and your distant relationship to switch things up a bit.

Become pen-pals.

Kinda cheesy? I don’t know, but I do know that I love getting mail. I think that this is a really unique way to keep in touch, other than via text. Plus, it gives you something to look forward to during your busy week!

Create a playlist together.

Spotify and Apple Music give you the option to make playlists collaborative, so go ahead and start one together, or maybe make them for one another. I find that this is super personal, creative, and thoughtful as you’re making a setlist of music specific to your relationship! Doing this often also introduces each other to some new tunes, which I always happen to be looking for.

Use a food delivery service and have a date night.

Put on your favorite movie or show simultaneously and order one another a surprise meal. Voila — It’s kinda, almost, sorta like a real date!?

I’m aware that none of these options will compare to spending personal time with one another IRL, but with the tech-savvy world we live in today, there are so many unique ways to keep in touch. Hopefully, these three easy ideas inspire you to get experimental with your own long-distance relationship!

Hi guys! I'm Chelsea Brooks and I'm a freshman at the College of Charleston. I love all things fashion, food, fitness, etc. You're likely to find me at the beach (being the Florida native that I am) or exploring Chucktown with friends. Take a peek into my mind here!