This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

1. Sicario – October 2

IMDB description: An idealistic FBI agent is enlisted by an elected government task force to aid in the escalating war against drugs at the border area between the U.S. and Mexico.

Why you should be excited: Emily Blunt playing an awesome female lead.

2. The Final Girls – October 9

IMDB description: A young woman grieving the loss of her mother, a famous scream queen from the 1980s, finds herself pulled into the world of her mom’s most famous movie. Reunited, the women must fight off the film’s maniacal killer.

Why you should be excited: If you like cliché horror movies, this is the perfect movie for you this Halloween season.

3. Crimson Peak – October 16

IMDB description: In the aftermath of a family tragedy, an aspiring author is torn between love for her childhood friend and the temptation of a mysterious outsider. Trying to escape the ghosts of her past, she is swept away to a house that breathes, bleeds…and remembers.

Why you should be excited: A period horror movie staring Tom Hiddleston, Jessica Chastain, Mia Wasikowska, and Charlie Hunnam? Yes please!

4. Goosebumps – October 16

IMDB description: A teenager teams up with the daughter of young adult horror author R.L. Stine after the writer’s imaginary demons are set free on the town of Greendale, Maryland.

Why you should be excited: Watch the horror stories of your childhood come to life.

5. Suffragette – October 23

IMDB description:The foot soldiers of the early feminist movement, women who were forced underground to pursue a dangerous game of cat and mouse with an increasingly brutal State. 

Why you should be excited: This is sure to be a great drama telling the story of the fight for women to gain the right to vote. It also stars three amazing actresses: Meryl Streep, Carey Mulligan, and Helena Bohnam Carter.

6. The Peanuts Movie – November 6

IMDB description: Snoopy embarks upon his greatest mission as he and his team take to the skies to pursue their arch-nemesis, while his best pal Charlie Brown begins his own epic quest back home.

Why you should be excited: Another movie that’s sure to bring back childhood memories about Snoopy, Charlie Brown, and the rest of the gang.

7. Spectre – November 6

IMDB description: A cryptic message from Bond’s past sends him on a trail to uncover a sinister organization. While M battles political forces to keep the secret service alive, Bond peels back the layers of deceit to reveal the terrible truth behind SPECTRE.

Why you should be excited: Why wouldn’t you be excited about the next Bond movie?

8. Brooklyn – November 6

IMDB description: In 1950s Ireland and New York, young Ellis Lacey has to choose between two men and two countries.

Why you should be excited: It’s a period drama, set in the 1950s, with Irish accents and romance. Just watch the trailer and you’ll be excited for it.

9. Trumbo – November 6

IMDB description: The successful career of Hollywood screenwriter, Dalton Trumbo, comes to an end when he is blacklisted in the 1940s for being a Communist.

Why you should be excited: The cast for this movie is AMAZING!

10. Legend – November 20

IMDB description: The film tells the story of the identical twin gangsters Reggie and Ronnie Kray, two of the most notorious criminals in British history, and their organised crime empire in the East End of London during the 1960s.

Why you should be excited: Tom Hardy plays a set of identical twins, The Parent Trap style.

11. Mockingjay Part 2 – November 20

IMDB description: After being symbolized as the “Mockingjay”, Katniss Everdeen and District 13 engage in an all-out revolution against the autocratic Capitol.

Why you should be excited: It’s the last movie of The Hunger Games series and it’s going to be epic. It’s going to be action packed, dramatic, terrifying, and it’s going to rip our hearts out. Are you ready? Because I’m not.

12. The Good Dinosaur – November 25

IMDB description: An epic journey into the world of dinosaurs where an Apatosaurus named Arlo makes an unlikely human friend.

Why you should be excited: EVERYONE loves a good Pixar movie!

13. Krampus – December 4

IMDB description: A boy who has a bad Christmas ends up accidentally summoning a Christmas demon to his family home.

Why you should be excited: Has anyone else ever heard of a holiday horror comedy movie? It looks terrifying but it also looks pretty great.

14. Macbeth – December 4

IMDB description: Macbeth, a duke of Scotland, receives a prophecy from a trio of witches that one day he will become King of Scotland. Consumed by ambition and spurred to action by his wife, Macbeth murders his king and takes the throne for himself.

Why you should be excited: This one’s for everyone who loved reading Macbeth in high school. Plus, Michael Fassbender.

15. In the Heart of the Sea – December 11

IMDB description: Based on the 1820 event, a whaling ship is preyed upon by a sperm whale, stranding its crew at sea for 90 days, thousands of miles from home.

Why you should be excited: If Chris Hemsworth isn’t enough to get you to go see this movie, this movie tells the true story that inspired Herman Melville’s Moby Dick, which is pretty cool.

16. Star Wars: Episode VII – The Force Awakens – December 18

IMDB description: A continuation of the saga created by George Lucas set thirty years after Star Wars: Episode VI – Return of the Jedi (1983).

Why you should be excited: IT’S STAR WARS!!

Erin Wiley is a junior at the College of Charleston, pursuing an AB degree in Arts Management with a minor in Communication. She has been writing for Her Campus for almost two years and created and maintains Her Campus CofC's Pinterest page. She loves everything from music to movies to fashion, and everything in between. After college, she hopes to do something in the entertainment industry, working with either a music producer or a film company. In her spare time, Erin likes to read, watch movies, and walk around historic downtown Charleston.