This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

The amount of songs I’ve found on TikTok that have made it into my Spotify playlists is kind of embarrassing, not going to lie. But that being said, there are definitely some that everyone should take a listen to. Plus I always get the aux in the car, so you gotta know I have some good taste in music.

Kilby Girl by The Backseat Lovers

The only reason I love this song is because I was still 19 the first time I heard it and there’s a line that says “I overheard that she was 19, she’s got a fake ID and a nose ring” and it made me feel edgy.

Burning House by Cam

I actually listened to this song when I was a kid, but somehow forgot about it. Immediately added it to my sad girl hours playlist.

Surrender by Natalie Taylor

Another perfect sad song for breakups

Comments by Brokeasf

A great hype song! Should definitely be added to your pregame playlist. 

BLACKOUT by Lil Kapow

I really only like the first minute and don’t think I’ve actually listened to the whole thing, but this song goes hard.

Josslyn by Olivia O’Brien 

I love most of Olivia O’Brien’s music, but this one really blew up on TikTok and I am here for it. If that guy who’s your boyfriend but not actually your boyfriend keeps leaving you on read, this is the perfect song to blast.

GOSHA by $NOT

An A1 song!! I found this song and immediately looked up the artist, and now I love all of his music.

THAT BITCH by Bea Miller

Ladies, if you want to listen to a song to make you feel empowered, this is the one. Down with the patriarchy!

Hold On by Chord Overstreet

I was recently told that this song is by the blonde guy from Glee, I think his name was Sam Evans in the show. But this one pulls on the heartstrings. 

July by Noah Cyrus

Most people have probably already heard this song, but I first listened to it because of TikTok and I love it. I had a thing where I didn’t want to like Noah Cyrus’s music for some reason, but I love this song.

Maniac by Conan Gray

I started listening to Conan Gray last year, and you should definitely check out his other music along with this song.

Civil War by Russ

This song is just such a vibe. 

ROXANNE by Arizona Zervas

Roxanne is pretty old now but I still love to play it in the car with my friends. 

If you need some music, you should give these songs a listen. And if you’re really bored, you can waste hours on TikTok like I do and find some more music you might like. 

Becca is currently a junior at the College of Charleston pursuing her B.A in Communication.