toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

12 Fall Break Activities in Charleston

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Fall break is almost upon us. We’ve finally reached the brief period of relief in the middle of the fall semester. If you’re going to be in town and need some ideas for what to do so you don’t just sit in your room all weekend, take a look at this list of events happening during fall break. It’s organized by cost so you can easily see which options to look at if you’re on a budget.

1. Farmer’s Market (October 17) – Free

Or feel free to check out the farmer’s markets in the surrounding areas like Summerville, Mt. Pleasant, and more!

2. Dogtober Fest (October 17) – Free

3. North Charleston Harvest Festival & Block Party (October 17) – Free

4. Pumpkin Patch and Maze (October 16,17, & 18) – $1+

5. Bark in the Park Oktoberfest (October 18) – $8

6. Boone Hall Pumpkin Patch (October 10-31) – $10

7. Her Story (October 16 & 17) – $12 for CofC students

Support your fellow CofC students in this campus production. 

8. Zombie Pub Crawl (October 17) – $15-$20

9. Comedy Mystery Theatre Shows (October 16, 17, 18, & 20) – $24

There are multiple shows running currently and a different one every night, so be sure to check them all out! 

10. Boone Hall Fright Nights (through the month of October) – $27-$39

11. Weekend Twilight Climbs (Friday and Saturday night) – $35

12. Frankie’s Fun Park (every day) – Pay Per Activity

Use this one for Monday or Tuesday, when you don’t have class, but there aren’t many events going on in town.

Have fun, be safe, and enjoy your Fall Break, Collegiettes!

Erin Wiley is a junior at the College of Charleston, pursuing an AB degree in Arts Management with a minor in Communication. She has been writing for Her Campus for almost two years and created and maintains Her Campus CofC's Pinterest page. She loves everything from music to movies to fashion, and everything in between. After college, she hopes to do something in the entertainment industry, working with either a music producer or a film company. In her spare time, Erin likes to read, watch movies, and walk around historic downtown Charleston.