11 Things You Understand If You Don’t Like Partying

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Everyone associates college with partying. It’s just a universally accepted fact that college students love to go out every weekend and get drunk. But believe it or not, there are some college students who just don’t see the big appeal of it all. If you’re one of those college students who would rather stay at home on a Friday night, we’re here to tell you that it’s okay, and you’re not alone. Don’t feel bad about it, and enjoy your quiet, relaxing weekends.

1.       Your idea of weekend fun is staying in with a good book or binge watching a show on Netflix

2.       Bars and parties are just so loud

3.       And usually pretty awkward

4.       Going out can also get expensive

5.       Even if it’s usually true, you constantly use the excuse that you’re broke to get out of going out

6.       And wearing heels all night just isn’t worth it

7.       People always say you’re ‘missing out on the college experience’ because you’ve never been to the popular college bars

8.       But just because you may prefer to stay in, it doesn’t mean you can never enjoy yourself when you do go out

9.       It’s just that you enjoy coming back home so much more

10.   Even if your friends think you’ll be lonely when you stay home alone … 

11.   … you’re perfectly content to stay in and relax on a Friday night.

Erin Wiley is a junior at the College of Charleston, pursuing an AB degree in Arts Management with a minor in Communication. She has been writing for Her Campus for almost two years and created and maintains Her Campus CofC's Pinterest page. She loves everything from music to movies to fashion, and everything in between. After college, she hopes to do something in the entertainment industry, working with either a music producer or a film company. In her spare time, Erin likes to read, watch movies, and walk around historic downtown Charleston.