This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.
Lang Leav

I will celebrate this life of mine, with or without you. The moon does not need the sun to tell her she is already whole.

Nakeia Homer

Release the thoughts, habits, things, situations, and people that keep you struggling instead of striving. It’s time for you to go higher.

Nicole Williams

Every morning, we get a chance to be different. A chance to change. A chance to be better. Your past is your past. Leave it there. Get on with the future part.

Adrianne Hemenway

Sometimes our lives have to be completely shaken up, changed, and rearranged to relocate us to the place we’re meant to be.

Cacchi Ricci

It takes a very strong individual to sit with themselves, calm their storms, and heal all of their issues without trying to bring someone else into that chaos. Your journey into self-love is just that – and you are doing it.

S. Mcnutt

Fall in love with taking care of yourself. Fall in love with the path of deep healing. Fall in love with becoming the best version of yourself but with patience, with compassion and respect to your own journey.

Oscar Wilde

To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance.

S. Mcnutt

Be mindful, extremely selective, and very intentional about the people you allow in your life. Not enough people are talking about how life-altering this is.

Taylor Jenkins Reid 

People think that intimacy is about sex. But intimacy is about truth. When you realize you can tell someone your truth, when you can show yourself to them, when you stand in front of them bare and their response is “you’re safe with me” – that’s intimacy.

Reyan Biddy

Switch your mentality from “I’m broken and helpless” to “I’m growing and healing” and watch how fast your life changes for the better.

Ayanna Burgess is a junior at the College of Charleston, pursuing a degree in Communication. A native of South Carolina, Ayanna enjoys finding the best restaurants in town, browsing around local record shops, and writing poetry.