This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

I’m a very romantic person. Romanticizing my life has become a habit and I try to incorporate it into every single day. There are two things in this world that help me do this: books and the beautiful quotes hidden inside them. There’s nothing more beautiful than being completely immersed and absorbed in literature and stumbling upon a quote that makes your heart beat a bit faster. Here are the top ten most beautiful quotes I have ever read. Maybe you know them, maybe you don’t. But I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

1. “The humblest tasks get beautified if loving hands do them.” (Louisa May Alcott, Little Women)

2. “No, I’m a romantic — a sentimental person thinks things will last — a romantic person hopes against hope that they won’t.” (F. Scott Fitzgerald, This Side of Paradise)

3. “From the tip of every branch, like a fat purple fig, a wonderful future beckoned and winked.” (Sylvia Plath, The Bell Jar)

4. “You’re mad, bonkers, completely off your head. But I’ll tell you a secret. All the best people are.” (Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland)

5. “You must allow me to tell you how ardently I love and admire you.” (Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice)

6. “Perhaps in death, I receive something I never had in life – I hold a sanctuary in the hearts of those I care for.” (Charles Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities)

7. “But to feel nothing so as not to feel anything – what a waste!” (André Aciman, Call Me By Your Name)

8. “Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.” (Emily Brontë, Wuthering Heights)

9. “I was within and without, simultaneously enchanted and repelled by the inexhaustible variety of life.” (F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby)

10. “He was contemplation and enthusiasm. Ambition and strong coffee. I could have looked at him forever.” (E. Lockhart, We Were Liars)

I am a freshman at the College of Charleston and am studying Marketing with an English minor. I enjoy reading, writing, and plan to incorporate both into my career!