This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

October is the very beginning of the best time of the year. Here are 10 fun (and cheap!) things you and your friends can do to get in the spirit!!!

1. Go to Target. Get $1 Halloween socks and you might even be able to find spooky blankets.

2. Decorate cookies. Your local dollar store should have sprinkles and decorating tools that won’t break the bank. Or if you are like me and you are prone to burning food, buy the iconic Pillsbury sugar cookies with pumpkins or ghosts on them.

3. Decorate pumpkins. If you don’t have a pumpkin patch near you, you can buy artificial ones that are cheap and much easier to decorate. They actually work better if you are decorating with markers or something that needs glue. They won’t get gross and rot so you can reuse them as decor year after year.

4. Learn to make apple cider. It’s not as hard as it sounds. There’s tons of recipes on pinterest.

5. Go “shopping” for Halloween costumes and have a mini embarrassing photo shoot in the dressing room, even if you aren’t planning to buy them.

6. Make a pinterest board of inspiration for fall outfits that you may or may not ever wear.

7. Watch spooky movies. Halloweentown is classic!

8. Go Camping. If you are’t into that, have a bonfire in your backyard and eat s’mores and call it camping.

9. Take a hike. It’s scenic, relaxing, and a great time to chat with your friends. It’s good for you too!

10.  Find a farmer’s market. Even if you don’t buy anything, there is always lots of neat stuff and sometimes food samples.

Happy Fall!

Emily Hart

C of C '22

Anthropology Major. Crime, Law, & Society and Spanish Minors.