This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C Mich chapter.

I’ve just come up for air from my latest binge, Schitt’s Creek. It’s a Canadian television show just starting its fifth season. Schitt’s Creek is about a rich family that falls to ruin and has to move to a small town called, you guessed it, Schitt’s Creek. The cast is headed by the Rose family, Johnny (Eugene Levy), Moira (Catherine O’Hara), David (Daniel Levy), and Alexis (Annie Murphy) with a sea of friendly faces from the small town. I’m hooked and I bet you will be too.

Image Credit: Giphy

It’s easy to access

Schitt’s Creek seasons one through four are on Netflix. If you don’t have Netflix, all previous and new episodes are available online on POP.

It shows different sexualities and relationships

Main character David, the elder of the Rose siblings, is pansexual. The show features multiple conversations on the topic and covers it well. At one point two of the main characters, female and male, are both dating the same guy.

It’s all about family

In more ways than one. Not only does the show follow the Rose family, but also the father and son duo Eugene and Daniel Levy play in the show. Not only that, but Eugene’s daughter and Daniel’s sister Sarah is also a main cast member as Twyla, the local waitress.

Every character is comedy gold

Image Credit: Giphy

There isn’t much more I can say about this without writing paragraphs, just trust me on it.

It shows great character development

Each character has their own flaws, but Schitt’s Creek’s main characters, especially David and Alexis, have great character development that can often lack in other shows. You can see the characters coming into their own.

It’s a feel-good show

It’s a comedic show at heart, but that doesn’t stop genuine, heartfelt moments from popping up. Schitt’s Creek won’t fail to make you smile.

The episodes are short

Each episode is only around 20 minutes, so it’s easy to bring up and watch between classes or right before bed.

Schitt’s Creek has a lot going for it, I hope you’ll give it a chance! Tune in Wednesdays at 9/10 central on POP or catch up on Netflix now.

Image Credit: Giphy

My name is Julia, and I am a junior from Kentwood, MI double majoring in Advertising and Psychology. My other involvements include Study Abroad Ambassadors, Campus Ambassadors, and the Honors Program. I'm excited to expand my skills while working with Her Campus, and I'm hopeful that this chapter will bring a lot of enjoyment to students at CMU. I am so excited to continue as the Advertising Chair for this chapter!