When You Need Inspiration

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C Mich chapter.

We all could use some inspiration from time to time. Sometimes life seems unfair and you aren’t sure where you should go from there. There are plenty of different ways to get inspired to change your life for the better. Everyone has days where we just feel blue for no reason at all. The written word is something that can be very powerful that is why I love to look up inspirational quotes.  My dad use to have motivational books all around the house to help him be successful in his life and job.  I always thought it was silly but as I grew older I saw how they could be helpful.

Muhammad Ali said, “I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.”  I’m sure there we have all gone through a time where we wanted to quit the stressful life of college. But once we take a step back and remember why we are here, we know that this entire struggle is only a stepping stone in our lives and in the end it will help us do what we love.

All of us have problems where we think ‘why me?’ Regina Brett stated a quote that makes all of us think. Brett said, “If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s, we’d grab ours back.” Everyone is going through something. The things that you have to struggle through are given to you because you can handle it.  Everyone has their own battles and we should always be thankful because there is always someone that is going through something much worse.

How far would you go to reach your dream? “Just know, when you truly want success, you’ll never give up on it. No matter how bad the situation may get.” – Unknown. Dreams give you something to look forward to and something to strive for. Nothing is more satisfying than achieving your dreams. Just remember that “challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” – Joshua J. Marine. Life is a beautiful thing and you should always take the time to be thankful that you are still alive and can still chase after your dreams.

Do you wish you were more spontaneous? One person said, “I don’t regret the things I’ve done; I regret the things I didn’t do when I had the chance.”-Unknown. Do you wish you would have said hi to that cute guy in your English class? Or wish you would have applied to that internship in California? Don’t regret changes you could have taken twenty years from now. Take changes, do something that scares you each day. Step out of your comfort zone. You won’t regret it.

So when you are feeling down or feel like your hard work isn’t worth it, look up quotes online or get an app on your phone.  There is always something that you could read or see that will make you see the light.  Just remember that you a strong women and everything that you go through will only make you stronger. Get your inspirations flowing; you never know what will happen.