This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C Mich chapter.

“Does this look good on me?”  Every girl is guilty of asking this question at least once while shopping or getting ready.  This is also the question that every guy dreads.  Getting ready is a big deal to many of us.  We want to look our best and sometimes that includes taking fashion risks.  However, sometimes we don’t give clothes a chance because of the way they look on the rack.

Every girl likes getting a compliment on their outfit.  Especially if they are wearing it for the first time!  Fashion is constantly changing and evolving, so keeping up with the trends can be hard work.  There are always new styles and trends, so trying things on are extremely important.  Some of the best outfits can look weird on the hangers or on the shelf.  You never know how something will look until you try it on!  Here are some of the hits this fall.

1. Printed Jeans:  Floral or polka dots.  Either print will make heads turn (in a good way).  Designers are always trying to come up with the next big thing.  This season has brought us printed jeans.  Seeing them for the first time can be a shock, but are worth the risk.  Always try jeans on; each company makes them a little differently.  If you are one size in a specific brand of jeans, don’t worry if other pairs don’t fit.  Each pair of jeans has a certain cut and style, so don’t be discouraged if you are not the same size in every jean.

2. Jeannie Pants:  Everyone has seen, or at least heard of, the TV show I Dream of Jeannie.  Well, here is some good news, Jeannie pants are now back in style (also called harem pants).  They have been making a comeback over the last year.  Stores like Forever 21 have tons of colors and prints to choose from.  At first glance they look a little different, but they are so comfortable.  You may be a little skeptical at first –I was too!– but take the time to try them on.  Wear them high-waisted or with bold print top.

3. Wrap headbands:  We can all appreciate Blair Waldorf’s style from Gossip Girl.  It is the perfect balance of preppy and classy.  The wrap head band is something straight from her closet!  This headband is thicker than normal and goes all the way around the head.  Most of the time it has oversized accessories on it like bows and flowers.  These are a great way to dress up an outfit or hide your hair when it’s just not cooperating (we all have bad hair days).  Don’t be afraid of looking silly in the stores while trying them on.

4. Leather Jackets: Look cool, calm, and collected while wearing this jacket.  Leather has been a big hit this season.  It can be seen anywhere from you boots all the way up to your jacket.  Now you might be thinking this isn’t the look for me, but try it on! Almost everyone can pull of this look.  The jackets come in many styles that include zippers, studs, and chains.  They also come in some of fall’s top colors!

5. Peplum Tops: The waistlines are very different than other tops. Depending on the cut of the shirt, it will fit differently but most of the time there is an undistinguishable waistline. A peplum top is very form fitting near the top and as is hit the bottom of the ribs it flares out.  These tops are very figure flattering and add the right amount of pizazz to any outfit.

Hi my name is Kristen Skiera. I am a junior at Central Michigan University. I am majoring in Public Relations and minoring in Fashion Merchandising.