Ten Things I Learned from People Watching at the Library During Finals Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C Mich chapter.

Ten things I learned from people watching at the library during finals week:

1. People like to take pictures while studying and post them on their phones, especially if they brought a coffee with them.
  2. Vaping in the library is not allowed… but very prominent. 
  3. If there’s dogs, there’s crowds.
  4. Crying is accepted and fully encouraged.
  5. Study rooms are battled for like the last parking spot in commuter lots.
  6. Parking? Never heard of her.
  7. Spells: coffee, sweat, and coffee.
  8. Long stares out the window are not for contemplating their studies, more so contemplating their college career.
  9. It’s never fully quiet…. ever.
  10. No one wants to be there, yet every spot is full.  

With that being said, remember to take care of yourself during finals week, and stay positive! You’ve already made it through so many hardships to get to where you are, don’t let one week push you into a black hole. Good luck and study hard!

Hi there! My name is Emily and I am a junior at Central Michigan University. I have a double major in Information Systems and Human Resource Management. I am also involved in Sigma Kappa sorority, and spend my free time volunteering and exploring. My favorite place to be is on the water and I love the color blue. I write randomly to let out some steam, and a good chunk of these articles weren’t planned topics and came sporadically. I hope you enjoy!