This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C Mich chapter.

As spring break is quickly approaching, many college women are searching for the perfect new bathing suit to show off their beach-ready body. Although some prepared harder than others, it’s important to feel beautiful and beach-ready with chic swimwear that compliments your curves. What style best fits your body type? 

Athletic- If you’re curvy and lean you might be in the athletic category.  Wearing bandeaus make those with an athletic body seem more flat chested and shorter than they really are. Bikinis or halters break up the straight lines, making you seem slimmer.

Pear Shaped: Many women that are bigger on bottom think boy-short bathing suit bottoms are the key. Unfortunately, this draws attention straight to your booty. Try a tankini to lengthen and flatter your body.

Bottoms with ruffles or fold over fabric also help balance out your body.

Lanky: If you’re lacking in the curves department, you have got to get rid of your simple once-piece and shoot for something more appealing. Try a two-piece with ruffles or a front tie bandeau to add some sass.

Apple Shaped: If you carry your weight in your mid section or are feeling a little bloated, tight swimsuits may not be for you.  There are plenty of suits that cover your belly and extenuate your good features. Tiers, draping, and ruching will all work to disguise your middle. 

Using block coloring is another great way to draw attention to the narrow parts of your body and away from your tummy.

Blessed with a booty: Having some junk in the trunk isn’t always a bad thing! Wearing a solid color and style that features another part of your body other than your backside will help balance your structure.  One-piece styles with v-necks are perfect for adding shape and definition to the waist. Styles that plunge will have a waist-narrowing effect, which draws the eye toward the chest and face.

Alex Puzzolo is a junior at Central Michigan University. She is majoring in Integrative Public Relations and minoring in Leadership. She is an active member in her sorority, Phi Sigma Sigma, by holding Executive Board positions. Alex is a Co-founder of the Central Michigan University chapter of Her Campus. She is from Mundelein, IL and loves to travel. She has been to multiple countries and just recently completed an internship in Ireland. An interesting fact about Alex is that she has worked in a jewelery store for the past two years and is certified member of the Gemology Institute of America.