This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C Mich chapter.

I never thought I would see the day that I started to dread a snow day call, yet here I am. After three weeks of missed classes, I’ll admit I’m getting a little antsy. Staying in the house all day or risking a trip to Meijer for groceries is not enough time in the real world for me. Not only have I been cooped up in the house, but every additional snow day I’ve become lazier and lazier. I’m lacking motivation. Why would I be productive when instead I can just catch up on TV shows or goof off with my roommates?

Missing class has thrown so many students off with exams, projects, and course work. Many of my roommates have had exams pushed back for weeks now. They’ve been studying the same material for four weeks like they’re stuck in some sad snow day limbo. Others of us are just getting further and further behind in class material that will all be piled on as soon as classes get back on track.

I’m glad that CMU is taking our health and safety seriously so I don’t blame them, but I am frustrated. Snow days are supposed to be long wished for dreams not a variety pack of bad weather conditions handed out every other day. What is it today? Too much snow, icy sidewalks, or negative 20-degree weather? Take your pick we’ve had them all.

If you’re anything like me and you’ve been in a snow day slump here are some quick tips to get you back on track.

Make a list of things you need to get done.

You don’t have to do all of them, but crossing a few things off is nice.

Clean up your room/area.

Cleaning will get some energy out, give you some satisfaction and let you have a good space to get work done.=

Make yourself a nice meal.

Doing something nice for yourself while also putting some thought and effort into it will make the outcome more rewarding.

YouTube yoga or workout videos.

Stretch a little, try some new poses that you’ve never done before, or challenge yourself with a workout.

My name is Julia, and I am a junior from Kentwood, MI double majoring in Advertising and Psychology. My other involvements include Study Abroad Ambassadors, Campus Ambassadors, and the Honors Program. I'm excited to expand my skills while working with Her Campus, and I'm hopeful that this chapter will bring a lot of enjoyment to students at CMU. I am so excited to continue as the Advertising Chair for this chapter!