This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C Mich chapter.

Another month, another BirchBox. The life of a BirchBox blogger usually includes checking your bank account to see if the monthly $10 has been taken out, waiting for an email saying your box has been shipped, waiting for your box to arrive, and the struggle within yourself of whether you should check Birchbox.com to peak at what you’re going to get in your box before it gets there. Then of course comes the trial week of trying all the products enough times to give it a definite thumbs up or thumbs down.

This month was their anniversary month and in select boxes there were $100 worth of birchbox points, which I didn’t get because I never win anything. I’ll stop pouting about it now so I can review what I did get though.

1. Ruffian // Nail Lacquer // I was especially excited for this because even without peaking online I knew I was getting it, and because I watched the Ruffian Manicure tutorial and loved it. The design of the bottle is not random, but rather it’s designed for how you’re painting your nails. This green is a fabulous fall color. You can watch the tutorial for the Ruffian manicure youtube.

2. Caudalie // Hand and Nail Cream // I absolutely love this. I’ve been using it everyday since I got it because my hands are so dry from the changing weather and not only are my hands smoother, but they smell beautiful too. Other hand creams feel sticky, but this one absorbs in seconds. It also has glycerin in it which, if you’ve read other BB reviews from me you know how much I love the ingredient because it helps draw water to your skin and moisturize. 

3. Amika // Blow Up Spray // I don’t blow out my hair often because it’s curly and frizzy and quite frankly, ain’t nobody got time for that. This product has changed all that though. It restores hair and smooths any frizz you might have all while also adding volume. The directions say to spray it as you blow dry sections of your hair, but I sprayed it generously from root to tips and blow dried without a brush, then put some curls in it. I loved the outcome and I also loved the fact that it didn’t make my roots greasy or oily. 

4. Mally // Beauty Volumizing Mascara // Hands down my new favorite mascara right here. I’ve heard of the Mally brand before and the hype that comes with it but this is the first product I’ve used from them. It lengthened and gave my long lashes even more volume than I already have. My only caution with this is to roll the bottom of the brush along the opening of the bottle because it tends to have a lot of product on it when you pull it out of the tube. 

5. VOESH // New York Aroma Spa Pedicure Set // This is supposed to come as a three step set and I only got one of the steps. Honestly, I haven’t tried it yet because it’s an at home pedicure set and the step I got is a leave on mask for your feet that you’re supposed to wash off. So I either have to sit with my feet in a bowl and towel nearby, or put it on in the shower and keep my feet out of the water for 5 minutes. All of which is too complicated. So this product will have to wait to be reviewed.

I'm an 20-year-old college girl trying to get my life together. I'm majoring in News Editorial Public Relations some kind of Journalism at Central Michigan University and hoping one day I'll love every minute of it.Eat, Pray, Love is the first book I've ever read whose style is comparable to my own. Read that book, like it, and you might have a sweet tooth for my writing. If not, well, I'm not one to lose sleep over people not liking me. Other than writing my days are spent in class, at the gym, or in my room tearing my hair out because I procrastinated on my homework. Did I mention I like cats?