nastuh abootalebi yWwob8kwOCk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nastuh abootalebi yWwob8kwOCk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Positives about Spending Your Summer at CMU

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C Mich chapter.

I am sure all of you are wondering is there really a plus to spending the summer at Central? There really is. There is virtually no one ever on campus. Mission St., is not packed and your summer classes are cheaper than during the school year classes. 

The party scene is also at a minimum which allows you to focus if you are taking a summer class and it is peaceful at your apartment to study without your neighbor’s music not blaring. Apartments here do summer leases which is also a plus as well. In your free time why not tube the Chippewa River with your friends or go relax at University Meadows or Bluegrass’s pool? 

The weather was great here and you get to meet new people that you might have not known before when you spend your summer at CMU. Also, the library is not crowded, neither is the University Center so you don’t have to wait to check out a study room if need be. If you are enrolled in six credits the Student Activity Center has summer hours if you wanted to swim laps in the pool, hang out with friends and play pool or go bowling or even if you wanted to work out. In downtown Mount Pleasant there is a new Hot Yoga studio and the first time you go is free and after for two weeks is only 20 dollars. The Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort is not flooded with all the college students either so you don’t have to wait for a table to play black jack. I would recommend spending a summer at CMU because you would not be disappointed. 

Junior at CMU, 20 years old. Integrative Public Relations Major Journalism Minor From Lansing, MI Apart of two RSO's on Campus Only Child Two Dogs at home! Love to travel, tan, take pictures, hang with friends. Family over everything! & I Love my Alpha Sigma Tau sisters
Alex Puzzolo is a junior at Central Michigan University. She is majoring in Integrative Public Relations and minoring in Leadership. She is an active member in her sorority, Phi Sigma Sigma, by holding Executive Board positions. Alex is a Co-founder of the Central Michigan University chapter of Her Campus. She is from Mundelein, IL and loves to travel. She has been to multiple countries and just recently completed an internship in Ireland. An interesting fact about Alex is that she has worked in a jewelery store for the past two years and is certified member of the Gemology Institute of America.