This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C Mich chapter.

The week I received my Birchbox was magical, purely because I received packages in the mail for three days straight, one of which was my BirchBox full of fancy nail polish, sweet smelly goodness, lip yummies, soul-warming teas, and questionable milk-powder-bath mystery stuff.

1. Color Club // Harlem Lights Collection // They always send me blue. Always. Aside from that, I love the Color Club brand and this color is a really good winter blue. It has a hint of pearl in some light making it more than a denim blue. Without a clear coat, it looks as if it were a matte color.

2. DDF // Amplifying Elixir // This is quite possibly the best skin care project I’ve ever used with my current skin care routine. I layer it on after my spot and eye cream, and before my over all moisturizer. Usually when I wake up, my night creams make my skin pretty oily and washing it all off leaves my skin dry because nothing absorbs, but with this, all the night stuff I use absorbs and I wake up feeling fresh and not oily at all. 

3. Mox Botanicals // Bath Milks // Since I live in the dorms, baths are not really part of my schedule considering I don’t have one. These will have to wait to be used until I can take over someone’s bath move somewhere where there is one. 

4. Mighty Leaf // Tea Pouches // I haven’t had the chance to try these yet, but I love tea and I love Birchbox, so there’s a 99% chance these will be delicious. 

5. TheBalm // Staniac // While my roommate is lipstick-obsessed and has the lips for it, I’ve only recently been taking advantage of the power of lip color. Mainly because she has me believing that if you have the right lip color, you can put the fear of god into any man, and what girl doesn’t want to do that? This is a stain, very different than lipstick, and the few times I tried it I felt as though it was too thin on its own. So I paired it with a subtle lipstick one day, and bam! The fear of god went into every man that night. I also like it because while it looks like a sticky gloss, there is no sticky factor at all, just pure stain. 

6. Joie // Folle de Joie de parfum // This little sample is probably the best one I’ve gotten from Birchbox. It mixes mandarin, rose, and sandalwood to create a fairly light scent that lingers just enough to give you a “scent”. I’d buy the full size if it wasn’t $90+. 

I'm an 20-year-old college girl trying to get my life together. I'm majoring in News Editorial Public Relations some kind of Journalism at Central Michigan University and hoping one day I'll love every minute of it.Eat, Pray, Love is the first book I've ever read whose style is comparable to my own. Read that book, like it, and you might have a sweet tooth for my writing. If not, well, I'm not one to lose sleep over people not liking me. Other than writing my days are spent in class, at the gym, or in my room tearing my hair out because I procrastinated on my homework. Did I mention I like cats?