This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C Mich chapter.

Looking for something to do this fall around town? Visit some of the wonderful parks Mt. Pleasant has to offer!

Island Park (331 Main St.)

Located near Downtown Mt. Pleasant, this large park has plenty of space to enjoy the outdoors. The Southeast area of the park contains a decent sized skate park. If you walk more towards the North part of the park, you’ll reach volleyball nets and small baseball fields to enjoy at your leisure. Island park is also on the Chippewa River, and there’s even a spot for canoes and tubers to hitch a ride.

Nelson Park (714 W. Broadway St.)

Connected to Island Park, Nelson Park is also in Downtown Mt. Pleasant. A little smaller than Island Park, but still very lovely. There are grills and picnic tables to enjoy, or cook, a lunch. There’s also a gazebo (great for taking photos at)! Also located on the Chippewa River, it’s a great place to dip your feet in and enjoy the water.

Chipp-A-Waters Park (1403 W. High St.)

Located off High Street, Chipp-A-Waters park is another prime outdoor location. Also on the Chippewa river, there is a launch site for tubers and people canoeing. Miles of trails are available to walk, along the river and throughout the woods. Looking for a nature walk? This is personally one of my favorite spots to enjoy Michigan’s beautiful scenery.

Deerfield Nature Park (2425 W. Remus Rd.)

About 7 miles West of Mt. Pleasant, this large nature park is a great place to spend a relaxing Sunday. It’s spaced out quite a bit, so you can find a quiet spot to have a picnic. The park also includes an artesian well, 8 miles of hiking/biking trails, volleyball nets and horseshoe areas, a kayak and canoe launch, and even two 18 hole disc golfing courses.

Note: This park is out of town, but located in Isabella county, so if you live in Isabella county, you will need to pay a $6 fee for a day pass to get in.

Mission Creek Woodland Park (1458 N. Harris St.)

Mission Creek Woodland Park is about half a mile North of Pickard Street. Located in a woodsy area of Mt. Pleasant, this is also a nice and quiet park I just discovered a few days ago. If you have a dog or puppy, this is also home of Hannah’s Bark Park. If you are bringing your dog to the park, you must make sure your dog is registered with Isabella County, among other guidelines. You can purchase a weekly pass for the Bark Park for $5, or an annual pass for $30. More information is found here.

Sunny Side Park (1511 Elm St.)

Located in the suburbs of Mt. Pleasant, this large park is also a new discovery for me. It has a soccer field, nice, modern bathrooms, a playground, and a pavilion to sit and enjoy your lunch.

Yost Park (206 S. Henry Street)

A smaller park, located a few blocks down from Sunnyside Park, this is also a very quiet spot to relax. A smaller soccer field, and pavilion are located here as well.

For more information about park fees and hours, please visit: (Isabella County Parks & Rec) http://www.isabellacounty.org/parks-information

Or

(City of Mt. Pleasant Parks & Rec) http://www.mt-pleasant.org/departments/division_of_community_services/parks_and_recreation/parks/

Sara is an Integrative Public Relations Major at Central Michigan University. She hopes to work in a PR agency one day, managing social media for clients. When she's not reading yet another book from one of her three bookshelves, she can be found cuddling her cats, Luna and Selene.