McLaren Central Michigan Doll Hospital

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C Mich chapter.

Annual Doll Hospital Project by McLaren-Central Michigan

Making a difference at local schools

MOUNT PLEASANT, Mich. — Several elementary schools are participating in the re-occurring program to help children become more comfortable around doctors. McLaren-Central Michigan and Mobile Medical Response (MMR) sponsor this every year.   

From March 19 to the 28, children get to bring in their stuffed animal or doll and have a fun hospital visit. This program is made to increase awareness on the procedures and to decrease the fear of doctor visits. There are 10 participating schools: 

• Beal City Elementary
  • Ganiard Elementary             
  • Morey Charter School
  • Pullen Elementary
  • Renaissance Academy
  • Sacred Heart Academy
  • Shepherd Elementary
  • St. Joseph the Worker School
  • Vowles Elemntary
  • Winn Elementary.

Central Michigan University student volunteers will man six stations at each school, the admitting, x-ray, physician, immunization/Band-Aid, discharge and organization station. The students will act as pretend doctors to help each child’s doll or stuffed animal get better.

After, the students get to take a tour of the MMR ambulance and receive a treat bag about the Doll Hospital and McLaren services.

All CMU students are encouraged and are more than welcome to volunteer. The media is also cordially invited to attend.