This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C Mich chapter.

Almost every college girl deals with the struggle of wanting to buy the latest trend in makeup, but knowing they should save that money for rent. Why not have the best of both worlds?

You’re still able to buy makeup, just not high end. Drugstores sell great makeup at inexpensive prices! Think of it as a bonus: You are getting great makeup you can probably afford much easier, and you’re saving money! Who doesn’t love that?

Some everyday favorites are the Maybelline Falsies mascara in Black Drama ($5.94). This mascara brightens up your eyes and makes your lashes look more noticeable than ever. It not only makes your lashes look longer, but also that there are more of them. 

Concealer is a must after late nights of studying and those awful 8 a.m. classes. Sorry to break it to you, but coffee doesn’t get rid of dark circles under your eyes. The Wake Me Up concealer ($4.47) from Rimmel London does just what the name says, makes you look more awake! Put a dab of this under your eyes each morning and you instantly look refreshed and ready to go. 

Another Rimmel London product is the Stay Matte powder ($3.97). You don’t need a lot of it because you don’t want your face to look powdery (remember the rule: less is more). Just use a little bit to get rid of any shine that is on your face. 

There are many different options you can use on your lips this year. If you want lipstick that stays, try Kate ($4.97) by Rimmel London. There are many different shades, but be bold this fall and try 001 for a bold red. If you’re not so daring, go ahead and try 008, this subtle pink will leave a nice color. If you don’t wear lipstick, try Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain ($7.48) by Revlon. Cherish is a good color for class because it’s not too distracting, but adds to your makeup. If you don’t want any color, the Baby Lips lip balm ($2.97) from Maybelline is perfect. While some of their shades do have a slight tint to them, there are plenty that are sheer. Quenched is a perfect choice to start off with if you don’t want any color. The moisture is great for your lips and, supposedly, helps renew your lips after just one week of use!

An easy way to switch up your look on campus is to use different colored nail polish than you normally would. If you usually wear neutral shades, switch it up with a bright color! Try Orange Sunset from Studio M ($2.99)…. it is sure to catch people’s attention. If that color is a little too bright for your liking, try Bikini So Teeny or Mint Candy Apple from Essie ($7.75). Both of these colors are subtle enough that they won’t be distracting, but they will get people looking. 

With these products being so cheap, why not step out of your comfort zone a little bit? Try something new! Wear the bold lipstick, try the bright nail polish, and go for a fun eye-makeup look. Buying this makeup could be your reward after a long week in class.   

Alex Puzzolo is a junior at Central Michigan University. She is majoring in Integrative Public Relations and minoring in Leadership. She is an active member in her sorority, Phi Sigma Sigma, by holding Executive Board positions. Alex is a Co-founder of the Central Michigan University chapter of Her Campus. She is from Mundelein, IL and loves to travel. She has been to multiple countries and just recently completed an internship in Ireland. An interesting fact about Alex is that she has worked in a jewelery store for the past two years and is certified member of the Gemology Institute of America.