This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C Mich chapter.

Lauren’s Listening Club here with 10 songs you’re not going to want to miss! Some tunes good for walking to class, dancing alone, screaming at the top of your lungs, and everything in between. Follow lauren’s listening club by laur.now on Spotify. Feedback is highly encouraged, happy listening! 

“In the Aeroplane Over the Sea” by Neutral Milk Hotel, “Sick of Goodbyes” by Sparklehorse, “Honk if You’re Lonely” by Silver Jews, “The Boy With The Arab Strap” by Belle and Sebastian, and “Sweet Adeline” by Elliot Smith Can you believe I was created and born during the same year as all of these bangers?

“Keep On” by Courtney Barnett Was everyone just going to let Courtney Barnett drop the top single of the year and not say anything about it? I’m lucky I caught this track when I did because it’s everything I needed in a song to round up my roaring twenties and finally embrace full womanhood. Also side note: Courtney Barnett’s birthday is only one day before mine? Y’all know I don’t subscribe to karmic coincidence, but that’s just sheer irony if I’ve ever seen it. Happy belated birthday CB. 

“Pledge 2 Yr Love” by Andrea Doria Big thanks to everyone who celebrated the big day with me and came out to LoPOP! Could not have imagined celebrating any other way than having two of my favorite bands bringing R15 to max capacity. 

“The Dog/The Body” by Sleater-Kinney I hadn’t thought anything of it before this show on Monday, but seeing a fully female hard ass rocking band has officially changed the concert game for me. Empowerment at its finest! 

“No Connection” by Cheekface Happy belated day of birth to this new Cheekface single! It’s no “Dry Heat/Nice Town,” but for sure one of my favorites by them. 

“2021” by Vampire Weekend Guess how old I turned. 

Lauren Nowosatka is a senior at Central Michigan University studying kinesiology and math. She is also the Vice President of the Organization of Women Leaders, an undergraduate researcher within the College of Health Professions, a site leader for Alternative Breaks, and a member of the Honors Program. Lauren founded Lauren's Listening Club in spring of 2019, sharing 10 songs that all should hear on a weekly basis (https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2ZoarBWM8vdFvrfZgbrf9o?si=b-O4jR6kRn-2YWcMs2rBOw ).