This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C Mich chapter.

Lauren’s Listening Club here with 10 songs you’re not going to want to miss! Some tunes good for walking to class, dancing alone, screaming at the top of your lungs, and everything in between. Feedback is highly encouraged, happy listening! 

“Forgotten Eyes” by Big Thief Can’t get enough of this album. Some may even consider it talented, brilliant, incredible, amazing, show stopping, spectacular, never the same, totally unique, completely not ever been done before, unafraid to reference, put it in a blender, shit on it, vomit on it, eat it, give birth to it.

“Tokyo” by Julien Baker *Rolling up to the function* “Can anyone queue up the new Julien Baker single?” 

“Motion Sickness” by Phoebe Bridgers Not sure why it took me so long to become obsessed with this song. Perfect for any and all situations; shower coffee, late night thunderstorm drives to cover up the sound of your barely-hanging-in-there muffler, walks at the crack of dawn, washing your face at the end of a 14 hour day, etc. Oh and also f*ck Ryan Adams and everyone else who uses their privileges to sexually and emotionally abuse women. 

“The Whole Of The Moon” by Kirin J Callinan A 2019 century David Bowie meets Bruce Springsteen? 

“You Were Right” by Julia Jacklin My Crushing vinyl and sweatshirt FINALLY came in the mail. If you see someone slightly resembling JJ out and about…it’s ya homegirl ;) 

The following consists of a series of songs that devastatingly did not make an appearance on Pitchfork’s The 200 Best Songs of the 2010s, and I felt as though they needed to be acknowledged as such. 

“Swim and Sleep (Like a Shark)” by Unknown Mortal Orchestra

“Tinseltown Swimming in Blood” by Destroyer

“The Sea Is A Good Place To Think Of The Future” by Los Campesinos!

“Peaches” by In the Valley Below 

“Archie, Marry Me” by Alvvays

Lauren Nowosatka is a senior at Central Michigan University studying kinesiology and math. She is also the Vice President of the Organization of Women Leaders, an undergraduate researcher within the College of Health Professions, a site leader for Alternative Breaks, and a member of the Honors Program. Lauren founded Lauren's Listening Club in spring of 2019, sharing 10 songs that all should hear on a weekly basis (https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2ZoarBWM8vdFvrfZgbrf9o?si=b-O4jR6kRn-2YWcMs2rBOw ).