This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C Mich chapter.

I can’t tell y’all how grateful I am for a Discover Weekly that knows how to cater to my exact feelings. I love waking up Monday mornings to a stacked playlist that knows me better than I know myself. I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again, I am now a happy subscriber to karmic coincidence. Hope y’all enjoy these tunes that turned my mental-breakdown-Sunday into a happy-go-lucky-Monday.

“Summer” and “Chance” by Angel Olsen My guardian angel dropping the official pre-Scorpio season album. I knew this was going to be good, but I didn’t expect to be as emotionally connected to the content as I was. Listen to this all the way through if you haven’t already. Best when heard on a brisk late-night walk in Mill Pond. 

“Icon” by Ohmme More up and coming midwest female ICONS for your pleasure. 

“Spring Breathes” by Diane Coffee “Would things be better if I never met her?” 

“All of My Friends” by River Whyless I originally thought the words All, My, and Friends collectively belonged to one song and one song only, but I will admit I was wrong. There, I said it. You caught me. 

“Comfy in Nautica” by Panda Bear I once saw a tweet that said: “Panda Bear showing up to the first Animal Collective rehearsal: ‘So what animal did the rest of you choose?’” I hope whoever tweeted that is doing well. 

“Memory of a Cut off Head” by OCS A perfect fall song. 

“Lady of the Ark” by Kyle Craft I! Have! No! Time! Time! Time! Ever! Ever! Ever!

“Prom Queen” by Beach Bunny Imagine this: you go home for the first time in what feels like forever. You drink two glasses of wine within 10 minutes of walking in the door and leaving to go out to dinner with some family. You’re sitting between your mom and aunt in the back of your dad’s car, while he’s at the wheel beside your uncle. This song plays in the background. 

“Slow Dance II” by Naked Giants If my week could have a theme song, this would be it.

Lauren Nowosatka is a senior at Central Michigan University studying kinesiology and math. She is also the Vice President of the Organization of Women Leaders, an undergraduate researcher within the College of Health Professions, a site leader for Alternative Breaks, and a member of the Honors Program. Lauren founded Lauren's Listening Club in spring of 2019, sharing 10 songs that all should hear on a weekly basis (https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2ZoarBWM8vdFvrfZgbrf9o?si=b-O4jR6kRn-2YWcMs2rBOw ).