This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C Mich chapter.

Lauren’s Listening Club here with 10 songs you’re not going to want to miss! Some tunes good for walking to class, dancing alone, screaming at the top of your lungs and everything in between. Follow Lauren’s listening club by laur.now on Spotify. Feedback is highly encouraged, happy listening! 

Happy Valentine’s Day to all my pals, lovers, and lonely hearts out there. Been looking forward to dropping this week’s LLC for a while now. A carefully crafted broken heart playlist for everyone out there who is looking for a little something to serve as a companion to them on the sacred day of heart-themed consumerism and capitalism, otherwise known as February 14th. My sincerest apologies if this week’s list sends you into bum city. As Sufjan Stevens says, “Blessed be the mystery of love.” 

“The Art Teacher” by Rufus Wainwright My go-to tear-jerker. An all time favorite sad girl-laying on your bed with your feet up against the wall-tears streaming down your face song, without a doubt. 

“The Moon Song – Live” by Karen O Oh for how I long to have been in attendance at at least one of these three live shows at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery. An angelic performance by an angel, to say the least. 

“Love Hurts” by The Everly Brothers If you like this, I highly recommend going on A Date With The Everly Brothers

“Rivers and Roads” by The Head and the Heart This one obviously needs no introduction. 

“No Woman” by Whitney Catch me sobbing to this one Saturday night at Whitney’s Majestic show! 

“Keep Your Name” by Dirty Projectors “What I want from art is truth, what you want is fame.”

“Hospital” by The Modern Lovers One song I wish I wrote. 

“New York, I Love You but You’re Bringing Me Down” by LCD Soundsystem My favorite music video

“Nobody” by Mitski Last Valentine’s Day I think I listened to this song at least 48 times. It’s called self care!  

“Love is Blindness” by Jack White Nothing like waking up to a breakup text and spending the rest of the day blasting this song on loop.

Lauren Nowosatka is a senior at Central Michigan University studying kinesiology and math. She is also the Vice President of the Organization of Women Leaders, an undergraduate researcher within the College of Health Professions, a site leader for Alternative Breaks, and a member of the Honors Program. Lauren founded Lauren's Listening Club in spring of 2019, sharing 10 songs that all should hear on a weekly basis (https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2ZoarBWM8vdFvrfZgbrf9o?si=b-O4jR6kRn-2YWcMs2rBOw ).