This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C Mich chapter.

As days pass by, it almost seems as if they’re all the same. It’s easy to forget what day of the week it is. Time feels like it has frozen and it’s easy for someone to slip into an unproductive mindset. There’s nothing wrong with a lazy day or a self-care day, but being productive and staying busy may just be the healthiest thing for you to do for yourself, besides staying home. Being productive can help you keep your mind sharp and active, as well as keep you busy to ward off any feelings of boredom or thoughts of uselessness. 

Set Goals

One way to stay active is to set goals for yourself. These goals can be work-related, activity-related or related to your own physical fitness. By setting goals you are giving yourself a task that you intend to accomplish. To accomplish such tasks will involve you having to work towards achieving them, in part keeping you productive to reach an end goal. Goal setting is highly motivational because who doesn’t like to see the work they put in pay off? By setting goals, you are also giving yourself something to be hopeful about and something to focus your attention on rather than negative thoughts.

Keep a schedule

Keeping a schedule is one of the most important aspects of productivity. A schedule gives you a guide on how to go about your day in the most productive manner to accomplish the goals that you have set in place. Schedules can be flexible or rigid, depending on what type of person you are. No matter what, a schedule is important to keep you on track. If you have a busy day ahead with a lot to accomplish, when scheduling, you should list your big three’s for the day. The big three’s are the most important things for you to accomplish during your day so the menial, small tasks do not distract you. Following a schedule will be beneficial to your productivity and work efficiency.

Regroup and plan

It’s extremely important to reflect on the work that was accomplished throughout the day and begin to regroup for the next day. It can be easy after a long and stressful day to already want to give up on the next day which hasn’t even begun yet. Regrouping can mean planning your schedule and goals for tomorrow, journaling about your day or even just giving yourself some time to relax at night. Regrouping is essential to tomorrow’s work and mindset. A clean slate is a great way to start the day.

It can be easy to get off track when all the days seem to be the same thing on a constant loop and you can’t leave your home like you’re used to. It can even make you feel like you’re trapped. Being productive can be a challenge for those who have never had to work from home or be an online student. It’s uncharted territory for a lot of people. Productivity is the key to one’s success. And although right now staying productive might be a challenge within itself, these tips can help you stay on track to accomplish what you need to during quarantine.

Hi! My name is Caroline and I am a Junior at Central Michigan University. I am studying Communications and double minoring in Marketing and Advertising. On-campus I work as a Communications Intern for our university communication department. In my free time, you can find me spending time with friends, learning about all of the new beauty-related trends, journaling, and listening to music, especially Taylor Swift and Mac Miller. After graduation, I dream of working in marketing or social media for a professional hockey or baseball team.