Style

Female Pant Suits Are In and I’m Here For It

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C Mich chapter.

Suits aren’t just for men, and if you think otherwise, you need to look at how fierce the women in the media have been lately in their pant suit looks. While female pant suits have always been a look, they have hit new levels of style recently through media coverage. Whether it is Blake Lively confronting haters for her choice of clothing, or Cara Delevingne breaking royal protocol, I AM HERE FOR IT.

Here are some of my current favorite female pant suit looks.

Blake Lively has been killing the pant suit game so much, that it was difficult to even pick a picture off her Instagram as a favorite. This is my favorite look by Blake because it adds color to the trend. When I think suits, I think neutral, semi-boring colors. Blake shows that she can be classy, fun, and “bring the tablecloth”.

Lady Gaga is the definition of a strong woman in this power suit by Marc Jacobs. If you haven’t read her speech yet on why this was her fashion choice for ‘Elle’ Women in Hollywood event, I recommend you do. It brought me to tears when she said “Today, I wear the pants.”.

All I had to do was scroll through Instagram to see this gem. Shay Mitchell SLAYS in this look. With a gym work ethic to die for and killer abs to match, she deserves to show them off in this revealing pant suit look. Her pairing with a bandeau underneath says professional, but sexy.

Now for the buzz of the media currently, Cara Delevingne. When you look at other females outfits to royal weddings, you tend to see hats, brooches, and long dresses below the knees. Cara was out to make a statement, and that she did. As a straight woman, why do I think she looks better than the guys?

My name is Cassie Malhado and I’m a sophomore at Central Michigan University. Raised in the small town of Imlay City, coming to university has allowed me to expand my comfort zone. Currently, I am studying Journalism: Public Relations Concentration with a minor in Applied Business Communication to do public relations work for a non-profit or corporation after graduation. On campus I am a member of the Honors Program, am a public relations executive for Central Michigan Life, run the social media and belong to the editorial board for the academic journal The Honors Platform, and am a sister of the Delta Zeta chapter of Alpha Chi Omega. I am excited to add events planner for Her Campus on my list of involvements as well! My passions include politics, traveling, and rollerblading with Her Campus Editor-in-Chief, Kara, which I cannot wait to write more about.