Campus Cutie: Joey Singer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C Mich chapter.

Name: Joey Singer

Age: 21

Hometown: Macomb, MI

Major: Journalism, PR concentration

On-campus involvement: Public Relations Student Society of America, intern at University Communications, Volunteer for Special Olymics Michigan Winter Games

Relationship status: Single

Blondes or brunettes?

Not picky, honestly, but probably blondes. 

What is your ideal date?

I like to explore different restaurants because I’m always willing to try new food. I also love to drink coffee. I’m kind of addicted. So maybe a coffee shop where you can just have a conversation over a cup of coffee. I think that’s a good way to get to know someone.

Ideal future relationship:

My idea of a good relationship is someone who we can have a lot of fun together, and at the same time have our independent interests and lives. Like a combination of both. Someone I can go to for anything. 

Favorite artist and why?

I really like the Weekend because I just think that his music appeals to the college generation and his style is just unique and modern day. He throws in R&B and hip hop. 

I like country music a lot too. Flordia Georgia Line. I went to their concert and it was one of the best I’ve ever been to. It’s just high energy music. I think they talk about a lot of situations I can relate to in my life. 

What’s the cutest thing a girl could do for you?

Just paying attention to what I’m interested in. Like when people listen to what you say and buy you something or plan something off of that. It shows that they care.  

Three most important things in your life:

Faith — I have a great relationship with God. It’s really important to me that you’re making difference in this world. 

Friends — I have a really great group of friends. Rather than having a huge spectrum of friends, I have a few good friends I can really count on. Not everyone is lucky enough to have that and it’s something I don’t take for granted. 

Family — That’s really important to me. My parents have a really healthy relationship and I’m just lucky I haven’t had to experience divorce in my immediate family.

Where do you see yourself in five years?

Currently, I have a communications position lined up at Fiat Chrysler. Maybe not completely settled down, but starting to in that sense. Starting my life ahead of me, a stable job with good benefits and where I know the work I put in through school and internships is paid off. 

Who is your celeb crush?

I am a big fan of Brooklyn Decker, the Sports Illustrated Model. 

Are you a butt or boob guy?

I like a little bit of both. 

Describe what you would wear on a typical day?

I usually dress business casual or business professional. I work five days a week but I like to dress to impress. I don’t like looking sloppy. It all depends on time and place but typically when I’m in a setting where I am presenting myself professionally, I want to dress like it.

If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?

I’ve never been to where I really would want to live. I love California, where you can have it all. I like the beach but I love the snow too. Somewhere mountainous. Maybe somewhere out west. 

If you were stranded on an island what three things would you bring?

Something that plays music. I listen to music all the time so I’d definitely would want that.

Friends and family I’m close to. 

A really cool boat that I could wake board with or, you know, find civilians on other land. 

What is your dream job?

I really love action sports. Snowboarding mostly. I’d love to be able to do public relations for the X-Games. To be able to go out to Aspen to cover social media, photography, videography, etc. for the winter X-Games would be unreal to me. I think it’s unbelievable what those athletes do. 

What is your definition of a one-night stand?

Getting drunk, going to the bar, and taking someone home with you (or going to their place) and then never talking to them again. 

Tell us a story about your most embarrassing moment with a girl.

I was hooking up with a girl and fell asleep on her. I have a tendency to fall asleep when I’m drunk at random places. 

What would it take for a girl to get a callback?

Confidence. I find that super attractive in a girl. Not in the sense that she’s arrogant or high maintenance, but she has interest in me and is easy to talk to. 

What are 3 big NO-NO’s that girls do that drive you crazy?

I can’t stand when a girl blows up my phone. Like if you can’t get a hint then that’s not a good situation.

A girl that craves attention. So if she’ll flirt with other guys in front of you to make you jealous.

When a girl doesn’t eat very nutritiously or exercise ever. It’s just hard for me to relate to her because I put a strong emphasis on that in my life. 

What type of girls interest you?

I like a little bit of independence in a girl. I find that attractive that she can do her own thing. She is able to function without a guy around her shoulder all the time. She has goals for her future and education is important to her. She has hobbies that she’s interested in. 

Would you rather have a homebody or a party girl?

I’m somewhere in the middle. I take school seriously but I also like to go out and party. Probably going to go for a party girl a little bit more because I’m so social. Currently this is my last semester so I don’t want to stay in. I find it more fun to go out and socialize.  

If you could do anything you wanted, how would you propose to your lucky bride-to-be?

I think it’d be awesome to do it in the spring time in the mountains. Like take her on the ski lift and take her to the peak of the  mountain when it’s just starting to get dark.

What would you call the relationship between you and a girl before you’re officially dating?

You’re seeing each other. You’ve been talking for a while. You haven’t sealed the deal but you’re still attracted to each other. You know there’s a possible future for the two of you. You’re genuinely interested in each other. 

How long does it usually take for you to want to date a girl?

I can usually tell after a couple of months if she is someone I can see myself spending time in the future with.  I do need to get to know someone before I know I want to date them. 

What puts a girl in the friend-zone?

If they have a relationship with a good friend of mine. That’s the friend zone. Like even if they don’t end up working out, I’m not going to try to pursue it. 

Do you consider yourself a momma’s boy or a dad’s buddy?

Neither, honestly. I maintain a healthy relationship with both of my parents. I’m definitely somewhere in the middle because I can talk to my mom about certain things that I can never talk to my dad about and visa versa. Leadership, my career and sports with my dad. My mom is easier to talk with about relationships and my faith. 

What do you consider cheating?

I consider cheating to be intentionally betraying the person that you love or that you’re in a relationship with. I see cheating in a variety of different ways. If you have intentions of talking to other people while you’re in a relationship, you’re obviously not ready for a relationship. 

Why do you think people cheat?

I think there is a variety of reasons why people cheat. Not receiving the attention or love from their significant other. Or if a person thinks they’re ready for a relationship and want to maintain that title but don’t really care when it comes down to it. I think a huge reason is whether drugs or alcohol play into it. 

Are you a cat or dog guy?

I’m definitely a dog person. For sure. All the way. I’m not a little dog person though. Golden retriever or husky you can play with and raise. When I can eventually get a dog, it’s going to be a big dog. 

Boxers or briefs?

I’d say briefs.

Favorite movie?

Miracle

What is your favorite television series to binge watch?

I’m really into Dexter right now.