This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C Mich chapter.

As the temperature drops, the bundling up begins.  Mother Nature has decided to jump from summer to winter, with barely any time for fall.  So that means it’s time to break out the boots and cute winter coats!  This season is predicted to be colder than last, so it’s important to look cute and stay warm at the same time.  With these different styled coats, you are bound to stay warm and look cute strutting around campus.

1. The North Face:  This coat has been in style for several seasons, and almost everyone has had one.  They are super cute, coming in a variety of colors.  Some of the coats come in different styles, like being fuzzy and without the patch material at the top.  The North Face company is also trying out a new idea, giving the customer the choice of making the coat in the colors they want.  These types of coats are super cute and easy to wear. Also, check out your school’s spirit store because they might have the schools logo on them, making them a great way to show school spirit and pride!

2. The Cape:  This coat is not designed in the traditional style.  This style is for the “warmer” winter days.  The ones where the sun is actually shining and you can get away with wearing a sweater under your coat.  The sleeves on the coat are slightly oversized and do not come all the way down to the wrist.  However this style of coat really emphasizes the figure because it belts at the waist.  These coats come in a variety of patterns, so there is one for everyone.

3. The Peacoat:  This is the unsaid traditional coat for winter.  With its double lapel and rows of buttons, everyone has seen one before.  They are usually made out of wool and are super warm.  They also have the added benefit of coming in a lot of colors like emerald green and hot pink!  Pair them with a scarf, and you are all set to go holiday shopping.

4. The Deep V Coat:  This coat is perfect when you are going out for the evening.  They tend to be on the dressier side, which is great during the holiday.  The Deep V is exactly what its name says it is.  The collar meets at the breast bone and the coat comes to the knees.  The coat may be plain or come in a print.  Also, the collar can also be decorative with faux fur.

5. The Ski Coat:  This coat is perfect for all your outdoor activities.  Who doesn’t love skiing, ice skating, and making snow angels?  Most coats come with removable hoods, so it’s the wearer’s preference and not to mention they are super warm.  These coats are great on winter’s chilliest days.  They are great on those snowy days when you have to go to class or run around and do errands.

Hi my name is Kristen Skiera. I am a junior at Central Michigan University. I am majoring in Public Relations and minoring in Fashion Merchandising.