BirchBox: March Madness

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C Mich chapter.

Coming back from spring break is usually a drag with nothing to look forward to, but not this year. This year I came back with BirchBox waiting in my mailbox. Winning.

This month’s theme was March Madness because of all the sports, brackets, final fours, and expected upsets. This box was pretty simple, which I like, and here’s what I got!

Benefit Cosmetics // Stay Don’t Stray // This is the second eye primer I’ve ever tried, but instead of using it for my lids, I used this as a primer for my under-eye concealer. So far so good! I notice that I don’t have to reapply my concealer mid-day when I wear this under it.

Evologie // Intensive Blemish Serum // When I first saw this I was pretty excited because I have a small obsession with skin care, but when I read the directions it said to apply the matching cream, which they didn’t send me. I tried it anyways, and just as I thought, it dried my skin out. It says to use it day and night on spots, but since it was drying my skin out quickly I started using it once a day. I use it at night that way I can layer on a heavy moisturizer, preventing too much dryness. It worked pretty well after that! I’ve tried all the three step systems out there and none of them really worked, but this brand’s three step system seems promising after how well this one step worked.

Twistband // Headband // I’ll admit I have an awkward head shape making headbands more of an acquaintance than a good friend. This headband however might change that. It’s skinny enough to wear closer to my hairline without feeling like I’m bald, but thick enough to hold back my curls.

Whish // Shave Cream Blueberry Shaving Cream // I’ve never been too invested in what I shave my legs with, other than the razor of course, so this was new to me. It doesn’t lather like other shave creams, it’s more of a lotion feel because of the shea butter in it. I noticed that my legs were a lot softer after using it than when I use cream, conditioner, or plain soap. Did I mention it smells like blueberry amazingness?

Madwell for BirchBox // Emery Board // You can never have too many nail files right? Right. This one is pretty and girly and perfect to stick in your purse. The emery wears off too quickly for my liking, but it was nice while it lasted!

Also next month is a Women’s Health box, so I’m really excited to see what it brings!

Remember, when you sign up for BirchBox to recommend a friend too, and by friend I mean me!

https://www.birchbox.com?raf=8r918

I'm an 20-year-old college girl trying to get my life together. I'm majoring in News Editorial Public Relations some kind of Journalism at Central Michigan University and hoping one day I'll love every minute of it.Eat, Pray, Love is the first book I've ever read whose style is comparable to my own. Read that book, like it, and you might have a sweet tooth for my writing. If not, well, I'm not one to lose sleep over people not liking me. Other than writing my days are spent in class, at the gym, or in my room tearing my hair out because I procrastinated on my homework. Did I mention I like cats?