This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C Mich chapter.

Sunday was a big night for the Hollywood elite. Everyone comes to the Samuel Goldwyn Theater in downtown Los Angeles to nominate the best and most talented actors and actresses for their work. The Oscars are known for their glamour, and beautiful women walking down the red carpet in their couture dresses. In today’s world, it seems that “Who are you wearing?” is the most asked question the starlets receive while strutting their stuff. This year the A-list celebs really stepped it up when it came to their styles for the exciting evening. Over the past few hours I have come up with a list of the best-dressed celebrities for the 2013 Oscars!

First off is Jennifer Lawrence. She really stuck out to me. She brought the old Hollywood glamour back, wearing a Christian Dior Couture gown that had a modern twist. She kept her hair and makeup simple and dazzled the red carpet.

Speaking of Dior couture…did anyone see the beautiful Charlize Theron?! She kept a minimal modern look in a sleek white peplum dress. A simple diamond cuff bracelet was added to bring the look home. She also sported a new pixie cut that only the beautiful Charlize could pull off!

Now when I saw Halle Berry, I was stunned. She looked the best I have seen her look at an award show in a long time. She chose a form-fitting Versace deep v-neck dress that was black with vertical and horizontal stripes. She looked beautiful, and was truly one of my favorite looks of the night.

Another favorite was Jennifer Garner. Her fuchsia Gucci (custom made) dress was fitted perfectly to her body, and the color was a perfect match for her complexion. She paired it with a beautiful diamond wreath necklace and wore her hair in a loose, curly up-do. The back of the dress had beautiful, cascading ruffles.

Kerri Washington in a Miu Miu dress…everything is right about this. She looked stunning, and is one of the few people who can pull it off. Miu Miu is one of my favorite designers, and they definitely didn’t fall short on this look.

One of my other favorites of the night was Jennifer Aniston in Valentino. She looked simple, elegant, and timeless in the perfect Valentino red with a princess skirt. She wore her hair simple and down, her signature for any major award show.

Last but certainly not least was Amanda Seyfried. She wore a beautiful metallic embroidered Alexander McQueen dress that was certainly made everyone’s best-dressed list. The simple up-do and minimal makeup showed off her gorgeous face!

Annie is a junior at Central Michigan University from Plymouth, Mi.  She is majoring in Integrative Public Relations with a minor in Leadership.  Annie is an active member in her sorority Phi Sigma Sigma holding numerous positions within the chapter.  She has a love for travel, food and pets and looks forward to an internship abroad Summer 2013.  Annie loves writing for Her Campus and cannot wait to see this chapter grow to be such a great success! :)