7 Flashbacks to make you laugh during Final Exam Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C Mich chapter.

Feeling stressed due to the amount of studying you have to do for finals?

Take a 10-minute break and relax by taking a trip down memory lane with these funny childhood clips from the late 90s and early 2000s.

After revisiting something from the past, sometimes you find yourself in shock of how easy you can remember the lyrics to a song you haven’t heard in years. 

Other times, you can’t help but scratch your head and try to figure out what made this thing so successful in the first place?

1. Disney Channel Circle of Stars

Disney Channel was known for getting its cast from a variety of shows together for music videos—whether the actors or actresses were vocally talented or not. “A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes” featured the cast of my generation of Disney’s television from those on ”That’s So Raven” to “The Suite Life of Zack and Cody,” and “Phil of the Future.”

2. Disney Channel Presents T-Squad

Does the name T-Squad sound familiar? If it does then back when Disney channel was good, you may remember watching a few of their music videos Disney would occasionally air. Though the lyrics don’t make much sense, the beat is still pretty catchy. Too bad the hip-hop/pop group had a short-lived career and eventually went their own ways.

3. …And you’re watching Disney Channel

There isn’t a college student alive that was born in the 90’s who didn’t want a magical wand to draw the Disney Channel logo growing up. Not only did the stars on Disney make it look cool, but they also showed us how easy it was to draw the shape of Mickey Mouse’s head.

4. I’m a goofy goober

Outside of Disney, there was also Nickelodeon, home of our favorite yellow sponge. Who didn’t enjoy watching SpongeBob SquarePants growing up? Though the show was ridiculous at times, you have to admit that it was pretty entertaining. Rather you watched the SpongeBob SquarePants movie or not, this is sure to make you smile and bring out your inner-kid.

5. You can’t forget Him

There was also Cartoon Network who gave us the Powerpuff Girls. The hit show had a number of of evil villains, but none of them frightened me more than Him or that red devil creature with the weird voice. You can’t tell me that after watching a few minutes of this clip, you didn’t feel a little creeped out

6. Legends of the Hidden Temple

Remember watching that giant talking head made of stone talk about ancient topics in the game show, “Legends of the Hidden Temple?” Children would work together on teams to compete against one another to win the game. Not only was the show a bit entertaining, but you did learn a lot.

7. Orange Soda

We all remember “All That” and “The Amanda Show,” how about “Kenan and Kel?” This show was hilarious and made orange soda sound like the best tasting pop in the world at the time.

Charnae Sanders is a sophomore at Central Michigan University majoring in the field of journalism. The Detroit native was a 2012 Lem Tucker Journalism Scholarship winner and has interned with The Detroit Free Press and The Wall Street Journal: Classroom Online Edition. She is currently the Editor of the Food & Beverage section of Grand Central Magazine and a former reporter of CMU’s Central Michigan Life. Charnae hopes to write for a professional magazine after graduating from CMU. In addition, she would also like to write and publish her own novels and poetry. She calls writing her passion and is fascinated with the art of storytelling. When this Aquarius isn’t busy working on articles or studying for an exam, you can find her cheering on her favorite sports teams or singing along to Taylor Swift and Beyoncé.