Career

7 Empowering, Female Songs to Get Your Day Started Strong

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C Mich chapter.

The weather is getting colder, school is getting more stressful, and some days just flat out suck. However, us girls keep on pushing. The best way to start your morning with a burst of confidence is to listen to some empowering music by a female artist! This list is in no particular order because we support women here, we don’t rank them.

1. “IDGAF” by Dua Lipa

This song is all about reclaiming your independence and giving the middle finger to your ex-partner in the process. It’s a MOOD that will help remind you that you are a fierce women willing to conquer it all.

2. “F*** Being Friends” by Jessie Reyez

This woman knows what she wants and she knows her value. If you’re feeling undervalued, Reyez never fails to pick you up with this BOP!

3. “F*** It” by Jessie Reyez

We’ve all imagined getting revenge on a toxic person in our lives. But, it’s 2018 and we’re focusing on bettering ourselves for ourselves! Just live through Reyez’s revenge with this song.

4. “Hurricane” by Halsey

We STAND as independent, strong women who “don’t belong to no man.” In this song Halsey discovers how powerful she is. It is a perfect wake-up song to help you conquer the day!

5. “Heaven in Hiding” by Halsey

I’m going to say it one time– US GIRLS NEED TO BE CONFIDENT ABOUT OUR SEX LIVES. Ladies, we are FIRE! Halsey will give you this confidence boost and remind you of your sex appeal.

6. “God is a Woman” by Ariana Grande

Not only does Ariana Grande reiterate to us to be confident in our sex lives, but she tells us it’s okay to tell your partner what you like. OWN IT LADIES! Grande will have you singing while feeling like a sexy goddess.

7. “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun” by Cyndi Lauper

That’s right! Us girls can work and play harder than anyone else. No matter what life brings at you, Lauper’s JAM reminds us that at the end of the workday, fun is awaiting us!

My name is Cassie Malhado and I’m a sophomore at Central Michigan University. Raised in the small town of Imlay City, coming to university has allowed me to expand my comfort zone. Currently, I am studying Journalism: Public Relations Concentration with a minor in Applied Business Communication to do public relations work for a non-profit or corporation after graduation. On campus I am a member of the Honors Program, am a public relations executive for Central Michigan Life, run the social media and belong to the editorial board for the academic journal The Honors Platform, and am a sister of the Delta Zeta chapter of Alpha Chi Omega. I am excited to add events planner for Her Campus on my list of involvements as well! My passions include politics, traveling, and rollerblading with Her Campus Editor-in-Chief, Kara, which I cannot wait to write more about.