6 Easy and Healthy Meals for College Students

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C Mich chapter.

Every year it seems like college students start off the semester by eating healthy and making real meals for themselves, but eventually the school work picks up and to be honest making a box of mac and cheese is just SO much easier than preparing a healthy meal. If this sounds familiar to your eating habits, then take a look a these 6 easy and healthy dishes that you can add to your weekly meal plan.

1)   Yogurt and Granola (Breakfast) – This meal is a super quick meal to make for breakfast especially if you like to sleep in. When at the grocery store, you can buy a tub of whatever flavor or type of yogurt you prefer, and choose from a variety of granola as well. To make it even healthier you can throw in some berries or bananas! While an everything bagel and cream cheese may sound 10 times better, it isn’t a very healthy meal to start off you day.

2)   Grilled PB & J (Lunch) – You haven’t lived till you have tried this. Make a PB & J and grill it on the stove just like you would a grilled cheese. Pair it with a side like fruit or vegetables and you’ve got a healthy meal in 15 minutes. I recommend making this with whole wheat bread.

3)   Chicken Pasta (Dinner) – All you need for this meal is a chicken breast, your choice of noodles, and your choice of sauce whether you want to make it yourself or buy one from the store. Cook the noodles, boil the chicken and blend together with the sauce, maybe throw in some pieces of spinach or another veggie and you’re done! If you make enough of this you can also have it for lunch the next day, bonus!

4)   Omelet (Breakfast or Lunch) – Omelets are one of the fastest healthy meals you can make. Make the omelet as plain as you want, or throw in a bunch of your favorite veggies. Cut up some fruit or a slice of toast to add, it’s that easy. If you’re like me and your omelet ends up looking more like scrambled eggs, that’s okay too!

5)    Chicken or Veggie Quesadilla (Lunch or Dinner) – There are so many amazing recipes for quesadillas (Seriously, google it). All you need is cooked chicken, vegetables, cheese, and taco shells.

6)   Grilled Cheese (Lunch or Dinner) – Grilled cheese by it self isn’t the most healthy meal, but adding cut up onions, a thin slice of a tomato, or avocado, can make it even tastier and add some health benefits to it. I also recommend making this on whole wheat bread. 

Beth is a Senior at Central Michigan University. She is majoring in Apparel Merchandising and Design with a minor in Advertising. Beth is an active member of the sorority Phi Sigma Sigma. Her hopes are to be Chicago/LA/NYC bound in the next 2 years, working in the styling or product development area of the fashion industry. An interesting fact about Beth is that she is extremely obsessed with Beyoncé.
Annie is a junior at Central Michigan University from Plymouth, Mi.  She is majoring in Integrative Public Relations with a minor in Leadership.  Annie is an active member in her sorority Phi Sigma Sigma holding numerous positions within the chapter.  She has a love for travel, food and pets and looks forward to an internship abroad Summer 2013.  Annie loves writing for Her Campus and cannot wait to see this chapter grow to be such a great success! :)