5 Trends to Try This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C Mich chapter.

1. Animal Print

If you started to think that animal print was on its way out, you might want to think again. Animal print, especially leopard, has made appearances on multiple runways and proved that it’s back and better than ever. Jackets, sweaters and scarves are just a few ways that leopard has been shown and makes it a very wearable trend. If you can predict your fall wardrobe being full of cozy sweaters, why not add animal print to a few?

2. Oversized Coats

Oversized coats are a cute and comfy alternative to your typical fall jacket. The trench coat has been going strong throughout the last few seasons and is back more edgy before with a slouchy look. These jackets have an effortless everyday look but could also work perfectly with a more dressy look.

3. White

This trend could come as a shock to some but white is one of the hottest trends for this fall and winter. Instead of packing all white clothing away after Labor Day hits, be bold with white pants, tops or jackets. Whether its white on white or a white accent, it will make any outfit pop.

4. Pastels

As the weather is getting colder, you would usually expect to see all dark colored clothing but not this fall! Pastels have carried through spring and summer and now have entered as a fall trend. You can easily incorporate pastels into your fall style with sweaters, jackets skirts and so many more. There are also great pastel shades that would work with any skin tone.

5. Army Inspired

This trend has been spotted through past seasons but it isn’t done yet. Army trench coats are a perfect every day jacket but this army theme doesn’t stop there. Tops, skirts and vest are just a few other items that have this army inspired look. If you’ve noticed this trend but haven’t tried it for yourself, the time is now! This trend is better than ever and can transform any look.

As the transition into fall is in full swing, keep these trends in mind if you want to enter this season in style!