5 Things To Do With Your Girl Friends This Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C Mich chapter.

We all know the typical stereotype of what single girls do when they don’t have a valentine. It usually includes sitting on the couch in our flannel pajamas from the 8th grade, stuffing our faces with anything and everything, and bawling while watching The Notebook. Well, that doesn’t have to be our reality. There are so many things you can do with your fellow single girl friends to have a great Valentine’s Day.

1. See A Chick Flick

Every Valentine’s Day, a romantic drama is bound to be in theaters. Girls with boyfriends have to drag them there, moaning and groaning, in order to even make them watch the film. Going with your girl friends insures a good time—you don’t have to listen to complaining about the movie choice and you can tear up without feeling silly in front of your date.

2. Secret Admirer

A fun way to still receive cute little Valentine’s gifts is to have a secret admirer group with all your friends (think Secret Santa: Valentine’s Day edition). You can draw names out of a hat to keep your admirer hidden, that way everyone can feel special on Valentine’s Day.

3. Pamper Yourselves

That mani-pedi you haven’t had time to get? Get it. Want to try something new with your hair? Treat yourself to a blow out or a few highlights. Go shopping for a new outfit with a friend. Sprucing yourself up a little makes everyone feel amazing, so take a spa day and bring good company along.

4. Girls Night Out

Go with a group of friends to the bar for a few cocktails, karaoke night for some laughs, or a fun restaurant for a few appetizers. But let’s be real—cocktails will be included wherever you go. Allow yourself to let loose and have some fun, and hey, you never know who you could meet in the process!

5. Indulge in Sweets

I know a lot of girls try to eat healthy or steer away from the candy, but today is an exception. Allow yourself a cheat day to try those new pretzel M&M’s and not feel guilty about it.