etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Spring Break Bathing Suit Trends You Can’t Pass Up

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C Mich chapter.

As the frigid winter temperatures remain in the single digits, and the semester nears the halfway mark, visions of tropical spring break destinations fill everyone’s heads. Let’s be honest, we’re all guilty of trading up our textbooks the minute the new Victoria’s Secret swimsuit catalogs arrive at our doors. We picture ourselves on the beach, lying out with our friends, playing sand volleyball with the stud by the pool, and most importantly, rocking our tan in the perfect swimsuit. With so many different choices out there, it can be difficult to decide which new trendy suits to splurge on each year. Here are five bathing suit trends that will not disappoint.

1. The Bow Bikini

Who doesn’t love bows? It’s such an easy way to add a feminine touch to any outfit, so why not add one to your bathing suit? Although the color of the suit may be simple, the size of the bow can make an unexpected statement. Bow top bikinis can be found at a variety of stores, however, Etsy offers a wide selection of colors and patterns from various sellers all in one place. If you’re looking for a girly and classic suit, this one is an excellent choice!

2. The Ruffled Bandeau

Ruffles have been around forever, but their increasing popularity on bathing suits is making a statement. Ruffled bandeaus are perfect for a number of reasons. The most important reason is that they are so versatile. You will be able to find a wide range of patterns, colors, and ruffle sizes no matter where you are looking. Some of the ruffles are larger and more flowing than others, while some have a variety of cutouts. Another reason this type of suit is ideal is that regardless of your chest size, you’ll find that they’ll compliment your figure immaculately.

3. The Fringe Halter

When fringed clothing made a recent comeback within the last few years, it became clear that swimsuits were no exception, however they used to be much more difficult to find. Now you can find them at almost any swimsuit store and in a wide range of colors, patterns, and styles that could fit any budget. They’re also available in a large range of both bandeaus and halters, and at a variety of price points. Regardless of what you’re looking for, you’ll be able to find one of these fringed tops to match your needs.

4. The Monogram Top

Pick this suit, and you’ll never have to worry about running into another girl wearing the same swimsuit on spring break. It is every prepster’s dream come true. The style of this suit is very simple, the possibilities of color combinations and fonts are endless, making it fun and unique. Once again, Etsy is the place to find a personalized suit to fit your desires with such a wide variety of sellers. This upcoming trend is one that you will start to see popping up this spring break.

5. The Scalloped Set

The scalloped trend has become prominent on tops, dresses, shorts, and is now making its way to swimsuits. This sophisticated touch is a simple way to add a little something extra to a classic suit. This trend is not as popular as others on the market, and suits such as the one below can be found on sites such as Nasty Gal and Bloomingdale’s. This small accent adds a playful feel to an otherwise boring swimsuit.

So, whether you are looking to make a statement on the beach this spring break or just looking for a spin-off of the traditional bikini, look no further. This year, finding the perfect swimsuit will be the least of your worries.