This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C Mich chapter.

After living in Mt. Pleasant for four years, you begin to realize the limited options for things like shopping and eating.  Well actually, you figure this out freshman year when you realize that all your shopping is done at  JC Penney, Fashion Bug, and TJ Maxx.  I mean, seriously, thank god for TJ Maxx.  I’ve put together a list of restaurants in Mt. Pleasant that, for me, never get old.  Yes, the city has been growing and adding a bunch of new chain restaurants, but this list contains places that are exclusive to Mt. Pleasant (and serve great food too)!

1.  Tazeh Mediterranean Grill

Tazeh is a great place to go for lunch or dinner! It’s menu includes things like homemade hummus, chicken schwarma sandwiches, falafel, as well as a bunch of other freshly prepared entrees.  Almost everything on the menu is made fresh daily.  Tazeh also offers a different special each day of the week, it’s most popular, on Fridays, offers 2 huge entrees and a small appetizer for only $20!  How can you beat that?  Tazeh also serves alcohol.  Whether it’s with a few girlfriends or a date night, Tazeh is definitely worth a try.  Tazeh is located on Blue Grass Rd, past Walmart, in the same complex as Hunter’s Ale House.

2.  Max and Emily’s Eatery

Max and Emily’s is a little sandwich shop located in downtown Mt. Pleasant.  It serves a multitude of freshly prepared sandwiches, soups, salads, and pastries.  Sandwiches are served with a bag of potato chips and a pickle spear.  Max and Emily’s is a great place to go for lunch.  The only downfall of Max and Emily’s are its hours.  It is only open until 7 p.m. on the weekdays and 5 p.m. on weekends.  Either way, make sure to visit this local eatery before you graduate!

3. Stan’s Restaurant

Stan’s is the place to go for breakfast!  Stan’s is a cute, little diner located in downtown Mt. Pleasant.  Stan’s is everything you would want out of a home-style breakfast with an inexpensive price tag.  Although, it can get pretty packed in the mornings, and you might have to wait for a table, it’s totally worth it!

4.  Sure Shot BBQ  

Sure Shot BBQ is a BBQ joint with inexpensive prices and serves a variety of different smoked meats.  Sure Shot also offers great specials on different days of the week! Personally, I think Sure Shot’s logo is why many people pass it up, but in all actuality if you’re looking for a quick meal and great BBQ, it’s the place to go.   My favorite is the loaded baked potato, it’s huge!  Sure Shot is on Mission St. right by Taco Bell.

5.  Mountain Town Station

MTS is one of the higher end restaurants in Mt. Pleasant, but it comes along with great service and quality food.  This is the place to get your parents to bring you when they come to visit.  The menu is huge and includes things like surf and turf, sushi, salads, barbecue, along with many other options.  MTS has a bar and also brews its own beer.  For an appetizer, try the BBQ Brisket Nachos, you won’t regret it!  Mountain Town Station is located on Broadway, near the downtown area.