jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Mental Health

5 Easy Steps To Set Yourself up for a Good Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C Mich chapter.

Early mornings can be a drag, especially when you wake up and the first thing on your mind is when you can go right back to bed. I’ve found that these five easy steps really wake me up in the morning, and set me up for a great day.

Make your bed

This task is so simple, yet many people don’t do this on the daily. Making your bed takes less than a minute, and coming home and diving into freshly laid sheets is better than flopping down on sheets half off the bed and pillows everywhere.

Stretch

Doing a five minute stretch not only wakes up your body, but also keeps your muscles strong and healthy. If you’re like me you spend five minutes on your phone anyways when you wake up, so why not stretch instead?

Drink a glass of water

I’ll say it right now.. Just drink a glass of water. Water does so much for the body, and I know we all need a reminder every now and then, so just do it.

Set five daily goals

Personally, I grab my agenda and make five bullet points of things I want to accomplish throughout the day. Sometimes it’s as trivial as painting my nails, but even writing down these goals helps me feel more driven and accomplished when I can check them off.

Meditate

Taking five minutes to center yourself will do more for your body and mind than you can imagine. Finding your peace before the day starts will help you deal with everyday hardships.

I hope you have a fantastic day!

Hi there! My name is Emily and I am a junior at Central Michigan University. I have a double major in Information Systems and Human Resource Management. I am also involved in Sigma Kappa sorority, and spend my free time volunteering and exploring. My favorite place to be is on the water and I love the color blue. I write randomly to let out some steam, and a good chunk of these articles weren’t planned topics and came sporadically. I hope you enjoy!