freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The 5 best places for Valentine’s Day Dinner

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C Mich chapter.

With Valentine’s Day coming up this week, I’m assuming plenty of you haven’t thought ahead of where you’re going to eat with your valentine (I know I haven’t). The dining scene in Mount Pleasant doesn’t offer many romantic choices, but here are the five best places to spend Valentine’s dinner.

1. Mountain Town ($$) – If you’re tired of the same old food offered in Mount Pleasant and are willing to spend a bit more for a great meal, Mountain Town is the best place to do so. Not only do you get a delicious variety of food, the portions are worth your money. The atmosphere at Mountain Town is also excellent for date night. Unfortunately though, they do not take reservations.

1. Midori ($$$) – If you are a sushi person, Midori is the absolute best place to go for dinner. The Chicago aesthetic of this restaurant is a nice change from most places in Mount Pleasant. They have a wide variety of meals besides sushi as well. However, they don’t take reservations so call ahead the day of to let them know around the time in and they’ll make sure you won’t wait long for a table.

1. Italian Oven ($$) – Italian oven has a great variety of Italian food at affordable prices. They have a comfortable yet romantic atmosphere, and you can’t go wrong with their classic Italian dishes. You also get to draw with crayons on the table, so there’s another plus. Another bonus, they take reservations.

1. Ginkgo Tree Inn ($$$) – The Ginkgo Tree Inn is a bed and breakfast located two blocks outside of downtown that serves modern American and French food for lunch and dinner. It has a very quaint and romantic feel and is located on the riverfront of the Chip River. This would be a perfect restaurant to have a cozy date night. And they take reservations!

1. Camille’s on the river ($$$) – Quite possibly the most upscale restaurant in Mount Pleasant, Camille’s is attached to Mountain Town and has a variety of gourmet menu items. If you’re the kind of person who goes all out on the romantics and price isn’t an object, this is the best place to go.

Other good Valentines Day Dinner places I’ve never been to, but are definitely worth checking out are the Terrace Grille at Riverwood, Water Lily Restaurant, and Siniikong Steak and Chop House.

Beth is a Senior at Central Michigan University. She is majoring in Apparel Merchandising and Design with a minor in Advertising. Beth is an active member of the sorority Phi Sigma Sigma. Her hopes are to be Chicago/LA/NYC bound in the next 2 years, working in the styling or product development area of the fashion industry. An interesting fact about Beth is that she is extremely obsessed with Beyoncé.
Annie is a junior at Central Michigan University from Plymouth, Mi.  She is majoring in Integrative Public Relations with a minor in Leadership.  Annie is an active member in her sorority Phi Sigma Sigma holding numerous positions within the chapter.  She has a love for travel, food and pets and looks forward to an internship abroad Summer 2013.  Annie loves writing for Her Campus and cannot wait to see this chapter grow to be such a great success! :)