This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C Mich chapter.

So you’re living the typical college student summer: sitting in some type of air-conditioned office environment from 9-5, Monday thru Friday, wishing you could be 17 again enjoying a carefree summer. Sure, you’re making tons of money, but what good is it if you can’t even enjoy it and the nice weather? Do not fret friends; there are ways to make the most of your summer, even if you’re working a full-time job! Here are a few ways to beat those summer blues:

1.     Plan a trip somewhere

The time off you’re allotted is probably extremely limited; don’t waste it by sitting inside bing-watching Netflix. Make the most of it by planning a trip somewhere cool with your closest friends. Whether it is a trip to Chicago, Las Vegas, Up North, a road trip, or even just camping, if you’re with your friends it’s bound to be a good time. It will give you all something to plan and look forward too, and will be a perfect way to spice up your summer.

2.     Bump up your fitness

A set schedule is one advantage working full-time has. You will know what time you are expected to be at work, and around what time you can leave. Making time for the gym is no longer a struggle, AND you can finally afford going to a nice gym. No more mooching off of your parent’s ratchet gym membership! Invest in your personal fitness this summer. Get a personal trainer, get a fancy gym membership, and commit to some fun races like The Color Run and The BTN 10k. It will make you even more excited to go back to school in September to show off that hot bod’.

3.     Take advantage of the nearby cities

Two weeks into summer we all can conquer that our hometowns may be the most boring place on Earth. However, there are probably a few cool cities within an hour radius of driving. Take advantage of the fun cities, and the people you know who live around them. Grand Rapids, Detroit, Ann Arbor, Royal Oak, and Traverse City are just few to investigate. Make a weekend trip to see some friends, grab a drink, and experience all the cities have to offer.

4.     Go to a summer festival

Living in Michigan definitely has its perks with music festivals. With Electric Forest, Faster Horses, DEMF, Warped Tour, and Lollapalooza within driving distance, there are festivals for a wide variety of music genres. Not to mention all the concerts that are put on throughout the summer, everyone is sure to find something they like!