This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C Mich chapter.

This season is all about making statements, whether you’re making them with your lips or eyes.

1. Match your eyes with the shades of autumn.

Fall revolves around the different shades of reds, browns, greens, and orange and your eyes should too!

Try L’Oréal’s Studio Secrets Professional Eye Shadow Quads, which offers multiple shades of bronze and even burgundy eye shadow to experiment with this fall. Also, don’t be afraid to experiment with the color purple, which is definitely in this season. Overlap colors as well to bring more attention to your eyes.

Try to match the color of your boots with your eye shadow. For example, if your boots are brown, add a shade of bronze eye shadow on your eyelids. Not only will the look compliment the color of your footwear, but give you a more natural glow to match the season, which is all about earthy tones!

2. Give your lips a burst of flavor with Plum lipstick.

The dark luscious tone has just enough burgundy to be considered fall appropriate. It gives your lips a bold and sharp color that will definitely get people’s attention.

Try Maybelline’s Color Sensational Lip Color in plum perfect, plum shine, or dazzling plum. With these stunning shades, you can definitely show your appreciation for the season. To soften up your appearance, add a little blush on your cheeks and mascara to help define your eyes and make your look pop!

3. Dramatize your look with the cat eye

You don’t have to be a cat-lover to rock the cat eye. This trend not only gives your eyelid a more dramatic effect, but also gives you the perfect look when going out with friends for a night on the town.

The trend is a simple and easy look to pull off. All you need is a simple coat of eye shadow to layer across your lid, an eyeliner pencil, and mascara to form the perfect cat eye. Maybelline’s Eyestudio Master Precise black eyeliner works great for cat eyes and other artistic trends.

Maybelline’s Colossal Cat Eyes mascara is specifically for the cat eye trend with a claw brush and will turn up the volume for your eyes so you can own the night looking purr-fect!

4.  Embrace your natural beauty with a hint of lipgloss.

Another thing that makes fall such a great season for makeup is that it’s all about color and simplicity. Show off your natural glow this season. Just add some sparkle to your lips with a tube of lipgloss.

You can try CoverGirl’s line of Wetslicks Fruit Spritzers Lipgloss. The gloss not only has a variety of fruity flavors, but it gives your lips a glittery shine. Go with the season and try fall favorites such as “Cranberry Splash” or “Caramel Apple.” After giving your lips a hint of color and shine, let your natural beauty do the rest!

Charnae Sanders is a sophomore at Central Michigan University majoring in the field of journalism. The Detroit native was a 2012 Lem Tucker Journalism Scholarship winner and has interned with The Detroit Free Press and The Wall Street Journal: Classroom Online Edition. She is currently the Editor of the Food & Beverage section of Grand Central Magazine and a former reporter of CMU’s Central Michigan Life. Charnae hopes to write for a professional magazine after graduating from CMU. In addition, she would also like to write and publish her own novels and poetry. She calls writing her passion and is fascinated with the art of storytelling. When this Aquarius isn’t busy working on articles or studying for an exam, you can find her cheering on her favorite sports teams or singing along to Taylor Swift and Beyoncé.