10 Things to do Before 23

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C Mich chapter.

Blink 182 ‘s infamous words “Nobody likes you when you’re 23” always hits me after listening to the song. What do you want to do before you are 23? Well there is a long list of things to do before graduating and being thrown into the real world. After everyone graduates from college they complain about how awful the real world is and how all they want is to be back at school. Who could blame them… from the kegs and frat parties to maybe going to class once in awhile… Who doesn’t love college? Here is a list 10 fun, crucial, and memory making tasks to do all before you turn 23.

1. Take a road trip! Get group of girlfriends together and hop in the car. Whether you know where you are going or not, relax, go along for the ride and have a blast!

2. Go skinny-dipping! Grab a bunch of friends and go for it! Just make sure it is in the middle of the night and be sure to leave the cameras at home…

3. Vote! When turning 18 you are eligible to vote. Many of you will feel surprisingly empowered by being able to express your opinions and vote for the candidate you feel is best fit for the job!

4. Go to a music festival! Being young and able to jet set from place to place with very few responsibilities is something we all should take advantage of. Find out where your favorite bands are playing around the country and get a group of friends and go!

5. Volunteer for something you are passionate about! Everyone is passionate about something or some kind of cause. Remember that when helping others we are helping ourselves too! Making connections with strangers who believe in the same cause, or seeing the effect you can have on others will impact their lives and ours!

6. Go to Vegas! Get crazy, wild and let loose. What happens in Vegas, most likely will stay in Vegas, unless it ends up on Facebook or you get married. Turning 21 is a monumental day. What better place to celebrate than Vegas!?

7. Live somewhere abroad! CMU has a great study abroad office and will help accommodate you for the program you need and want! Experiencing a new culture will open your eyes to the world and how diverse it is. And meeting a cute Italian boy doesn’t hurt either…

8. Go skydiving! Build up the courage and just jump. The feeling of being completely free will be one you will never forget.

9. Make an inspiration board! Put all the things that inspire you to be better, do better, and allow you to dream of the things you want to do in your life, on a board you will see everyday. It will help motivate you and remind yourself when you are down, of what you want to accomplish.

10. Live in the moment! With all the stresses we face day to day in life we have to remember that we’re just getting started. The time before you’re 23 is to be irresponsible and make mistakes that can teach you lessons for later in life. Life is too short to worry so much at such a young age. Make memories, have fun with friends, and remember to take each day at a time.

Alex Puzzolo is a junior at Central Michigan University. She is majoring in Integrative Public Relations and minoring in Leadership. She is an active member in her sorority, Phi Sigma Sigma, by holding Executive Board positions. Alex is a Co-founder of the Central Michigan University chapter of Her Campus. She is from Mundelein, IL and loves to travel. She has been to multiple countries and just recently completed an internship in Ireland. An interesting fact about Alex is that she has worked in a jewelery store for the past two years and is certified member of the Gemology Institute of America.