This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C Mich chapter.

Being a broke college student and a makeup lover isn’t always the easiest. We get it, make up can be expensive– but it doesn’t have to be. There are plenty of products to choose from that will do the same job at an affordable price for those of us on a budget.

Wet n’ Wild PhotoFocus Foundation: $6

Many people seem to forget about Wet n’ Wild products because they are considered the “cheap brand”, but honestly, they have some of the best products out there for someone on a budget. This concealer does wonders for people who need the coverage. Especially if you have red spots or rosy cheeks like myself. It covers well, plus it stays on.

Wet n’ Wild Highlighters: $5

These are some of my favorite make up products. For only five dollars, these incredibly beautiful highlighters can be yours. They have great color and add shine.

Wet n’ Wild Matte Face Primer: $5

Face primer is a great product to use, especially before applying foundation. I found that Wet N’ Wild’s Matte Face Primer is a great choice for that. It makes it easier to apply your foundation and it will help cover your face better.

Nyx Lipsticks: $8

Nyx is also a great brand with affordable prices. Their lipsticks are great quality and stay on through almost anything.

Maybelline Fit Me! Matte Powder: $6

Maybelline’s Fit Me! Matte Powder comes in a range of colors and provides great coverage for your powder needs.

Maybelline Setting Spray: $10

Compared to Urban Decay’s setting spray, I found that this cheaper version of setting spray will get the job done just as well. Apply a face of makeup and use this setting spray to keep it in place all day.

Maybelline Master Graphic Liquid Eye Liner: $7

This is a great choice for liquid eyeliner. It has a pointed edge tip to make your wings perfect.

Hard Candy Baked Eye Shadows: $6

If you love anything with glitter or sparkles, Hard Candy is the brand for you. Glitter galore, these cheap eye shadows will apply easily and stay on all day.

e.l.f. Blush: $4

Another underrated makeup brand is e.l.f.—an affordable alternative to other leading brands. Their blushes come in plenty of colors to choose from. Pick the perfect color for your cheeks and enjoy.

Neutrogena Healthy Volume Waterproof Mascara: $7

This mascara gives your eyelashes great volume and a great look for only seven dollars. It’s also waterproof! I love the coverage and it stays on through basically anything you might encounter in your day.

Sara is an Integrative Public Relations Major at Central Michigan University. She hopes to work in a PR agency one day, managing social media for clients. When she's not reading yet another book from one of her three bookshelves, she can be found cuddling her cats, Luna and Selene.