Wellness

You Don’t Understand How Much I Miss My Dog

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Butler chapter.

It is official. I am settled into college and my new lifestyle. I’ve found my groove and life is good. There is just one piece missing. Ya’ll, I honestly don’t know how much longer I can go through day-to-day life without my dog. My dog is my best friend and a literal angel. Here are a few reasons why my dog is superior to all other dogs.

1. She sleeps on a pillow like a human. At night, she will literally sleep on her side with her head on the pillow and her body under the covers.

2. When she yawns, she speaks. My dog literally talks. Beat that.

3. No matter what she is doing (sleeping, eating, walking around, playing…), if I yell “let’s go! Let’s go! Let’s go!” she stops everything to run up the stairs.

4. She plays hide and seek. My dog likes to sit with us while my dad goes up stairs and “hides.” Then, he calls her once and she comes running.

5. My dog has stolen money from my sisters and I… on multiple occasions. By no means am I one to encourage my dog to be a bandit, but her pickpocket abilities are real. I have to wonder, am I housing a dog who’s an agent like Perry the Platypus?

6. My dog is extremely fluffy, so we dressed her up as “Dog Ross” for Halloween. It was the perfect merge of two of the purest beings ever: my dog and Bob Ross.

7. When we go for walks, if I tell her to “walk herself home” and let go of the leash, she literally trots along all the way home. She will keep looking back for affirmation that you are there and she is going the right way.

My dog is incredible and I miss her literally every day. She is superior to all other dogs and if my above points don’t prove it, these pictures will.

Reagan is a first-year student at Butler University's Lacy School of Business. She is double majoring in Marketing and Entrepreneurship & Innovation with a minor in Political Science. Reagan fell in love with journalism while serving as a broadcast journalist for CHTV. Reagan is passionate about philanthropy and leadership, so you can find her actively involved in many organizations around campus. You can follow Reagan on instagram @reagan_markland
Rae Stoffel is a senior at Butler University studying Journalism with a double minor in French and strategic communications. With an affinity for iced coffee, blazers, and the worlds worst jokes, she calls herself a witty optomistic, which can be heavily reflected in her writing. Stoffel is a Chicago native looking forward to returning to the windy city post graduation.