When You See Something Beautiful in Someone

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Butler chapter.

When You See Something Beautiful In Someone

I have posted this on my Instagram story multiple times because this quote always catches my eye when I’m scrolling through Pinterest. It seems like a simple concept, but when you really think about it, how often do you express your admiration for someone else??

I think why this quote always stands out to me is because we live in a very competitive society. We are supposed to have the best of the best and when we don’t, we are jealous of those who do. We lust to have what other people have, therefore, we don’t tend to acknowledge what we appreciate or admire about our friends or even a random person standing in the Starbucks line in front of us.

Be aware of the things you admire about other people and tell them about. This can be so awkward but genuine compliments can mean so much to someone. You may admire something about their appearance, their personality, or something they are passionate about. Whatever it may be, you never know what they are going through or how a simple note of admiration, whether it via text, social media or face to face, could change their day. Not only could this brighten a person’s day or even week, but you will also feel happier and you could even spark a new friendship.

So never forget to appreciate beautiful things and appreciate beautiful people. “If you see something beautiful in someone, speak it.”

Alli Hickey

Butler '20

I am currently a junior at Butler University studying Psychology, Criminology and Neuroscience. You can find me eating grilled cheese, drinking iced coffee and traveling the world. I love Her Campus because I can be unapologetically me while dabbling in writing, photography and any other passions that I discover.
Rae Stoffel is a senior at Butler University studying Journalism with a double minor in French and strategic communications. With an affinity for iced coffee, blazers, and the worlds worst jokes, she calls herself a witty optomistic, which can be heavily reflected in her writing. Stoffel is a Chicago native looking forward to returning to the windy city post graduation.