This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Butler chapter.

We’ve got another one, ladies and gents! The third royal baby was born Monday, April  23 at 11:01 am London time to parents Prince William, Duke of Cambridge and Kate, Duchess of Cambridge. Both mom and baby are doing well.

(Look at this precious family! God I love them.)

The Royal fam has been keeping us in the dark with his name until today, but let me tell you, it was worth the wait.

Louis Arthur Charles. He’ll be known as His Royal Highness Prince Louis of Whales. I wanna be known as her royal highness queen of something. TBH I’d probably be queen of strangely creative swear words or something dumb like that.

~ANYWAYS~

The name Louis came as a bit of a surprise to Londoners, as it was speculated that he would be named Albert or Arthur, as Kate’s brother is named Albert, and Arthur is one of William’s middle names. Fear not, all of little Louie’s names have family significance.

The royal couple gave him the first name, Louis, after Prince William’s late uncle, Lord Mountbatten. It is also one of the middle names of both dad William and older brother George. Louis’s first middle name, Arthur, comes from one of his father’s middle names, and finally Charles, in honor of his grandfather, and next in line to the throne, Prince Charles.

(Ugh look at his little fingers, he’s so smol and cute.)

He weighed in at eight pounds and seven ounces and is now officially fifth in line for the throne, behind big brother George, age 4, and big sister Charlotte, age 2.

Welcome to the world, baby Louis, America loves you as our own!

Rae Stoffel is a senior at Butler University studying Journalism with a double minor in French and strategic communications. With an affinity for iced coffee, blazers, and the worlds worst jokes, she calls herself a witty optomistic, which can be heavily reflected in her writing. Stoffel is a Chicago native looking forward to returning to the windy city post graduation.