This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Butler chapter.

September 23 is such an amazing, important day because it’s my birthday the first day of Libra season!

As someone who is a skeptic about astrology but thinks it is SO fun to categorize people, I have so much love and respect for my sign. I think Libras are so underrated in the astrological spectrum. We’re fun-loving and social like Leos, emotional like Cancers, and empathetic like Pisces. We hold you all together 365 days a year and don’t ask for anything in return.

Here are some of my favorite Libra qualities-

We’re all about balance.

We have to have as much work as play, some time by ourselves as well as with others. Catch us doing yoga, journaling, smelling some nice candles, or encouraging you to focus on your mental health.

We’re great listeners.

Libras care so much about you and want to devote ourselves to helping you get through whatever it is you’re going through. That doesn’t make us your therapist (as we have our own issues too- such as deciding on literally ANYTHING), but we will try our darndest to make sure you’re okay.

We’re forgiving.

Maybe you call it being a pushover, but we think of it as getting the bad vibes out of our system so we can learn and grow. Maybe you call it getting walked all over, but we call it picking our battles and only focusing on getting upset over what’s truly important. We understand that people are people and make mistakes, and we’re here to help you make it alright.

We’re hopeless romantics.

If there’s one thing Libras love, it’s love. All that flowers and chocolate stuff. Weddings make us cry and we take our friends’ breakups VERY personally. If you’re in a relationship with a Libra, it’s a serious relationship, and they’ll make sure you feel loved all the time. Lucky you.

We speak up for what’s right.

If you see a Libra get mad, it’s about something that’s truly worth getting mad over. We have a strong sense of justice and will fight on behalf of our friends and family. Though we seem calm and sensitive, our emotions get riled up when we see someone being treated badly.

We lead by example.

Libras are natural leaders, but we aren’t dictators who like barking orders. We like to gently guide and help you, and genuinely want you to get better more than we want you to follow our orders. Maybe you can’t tell that we’re running the show, but we definitely are.

Here are some of my favorite Libras that have birthdays in the next month.

Carrie Brownstein

Cardi B

Halsey

Zach Galifianakis

Kim Kardashian

John Krasinski

My friend Mandy

My friend Vinny

Salena, my HC editor (and birthday twin)

Addy, HC staff

Libbi, HC staff

Grace, HC staff

MAnd my mom, Joy Wilbur

It takes a great Libra to raise a great Libra.

Kait Wilbur is an aggressively optimistic individual obsessed with sitcoms, indie music, and pop culture in general. She hails from Manito, a rural wasteland in Illinois so small and devoid of life that she took up writing to amuse herself. Kait goes to Butler University to prepare for a career in advertising, but all she really wants to do is talk about TV for a living. You can find her at any given moment with her earbuds in pretending to do homework but actually looking at surrealist memes.
Rae Stoffel is a senior at Butler University studying Journalism with a double minor in French and strategic communications. With an affinity for iced coffee, blazers, and the worlds worst jokes, she calls herself a witty optomistic, which can be heavily reflected in her writing. Stoffel is a Chicago native looking forward to returning to the windy city post graduation.