This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Butler chapter.

Another year, another beloved Thanksgiving with the family.  Thanksgiving can/should be a time of gathering loved ones together and giving thanks for all of the things one has. Unfortunately, however, some families/ family members choose to spend this time criticizing others’ life plans/decisions.  These constant, predictable, and tired verbal attacks are the inspiration behind the yearly thanksgiving meme of #thanksgivingclapbacks.  As the day nears, I thought I would help arm the boldest of us with some of my favorite clapbacks.

Okay so if your family is like mine, you wouldn’t survive if you mouthed off like this so maybe these clapbacks are just pipe dreams. But hey, if you think you can get away with it, or your Auntie went one comment too far this year, at least now you’re prepared!

Jazmine Bowens is a senior at Butler University. She is a Psychology major with a minor in Neuroscience and the Campus Corespondent for Butler University's Her Campus chapter. When she isn't in class, she's writing poetry, reading romance novels, or hanging out with her friends. Jazmine hopes to one day become an environmental lawyer and a published novelist.