This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Butler chapter.

New year, new grandma-like tendencies. Get ready ladies, g-mama Rae is back at it again.

Quick summer overview for any of you that actually care (hi mom)- I worked a ton at my fav boutique, Bevello, which you should all check out because they have very cute things (shameless company promo). So that was fun, except for the fact that I spent literally all the money I made. I have a shopping addiction. It’s very real and very much a problem, more deets on that later. Anywho, I did some traveling, attempted to tan, but ultimately just burned, and drank a lot of coffee. Who’s surprised? I went on a roadtrip with my boyfriend to my family’s lake house and we didn’t kill each other (to preface this, I’m a terrible driver and he’s a back seat driver… you get the picture). Oh, I also pet a lot of dogs and snuggled a lot with my dog. Very average summer.

Back to the important things.

You may ask yourself “Rae, you already knit and go to bed early, what else could you possibly do that would result in an even higher level of grandma status?”

Well friends, I love to clean.

This grandma-ism is a newer one for me, but I’m pretty hard core about it. I discovered my love for cleaning as a wee beeb. I loved going over to my grandma’s house and helping her clean. I enjoyed it so much, in fact, that whenever a relative of mine moved, I would tag along and help clean the entire house  before they actually moved in. Apparently I was the best at cleaning cabinets because “I was small and could fit in weird places” – a direct quote from a dear cousin of mine.

Then, I turned 12 and decided that I hated everyone and was a cool angsty preteen. Therefore, I would never clean anything. This phase lasted for a while, until around my senior year of high school (This is also when I began my full transformation into a grandma).

I got to college and BOOM. It was there. I had become tidy person. A full blown neat freak, if you will. I began to love vacuuming and swiffering and dusting and cleaning the shower. I would have cleaning Fridays as some sort of end of the week celebration.

What normal 18 year old does that? Please let you know when you find out ‘cus like I can’t be the only insane one.

Blah blah blah, I like cleaning, whatever, fast forward to like July of this past summer. It was my first day back at work after a fam vacay and I was excited and ready to be away from my siblings and my parents. I walk into the store and what do I see?

Dust. Dust everywhere.

It was then eminently clear to me that I was the only one that truly cleaned that place.

Ya gurl did what any sane person would have done, greeted her coworkers and then frickin sprinted to the back room to find the swiffer duster. I then proceeded to dust for like an hour. I was so relieved when it was done.

Alright, back to current time. I’m about a month into school and I’ve already had like 499532 breakdowns (thanks college) and I shit you not, the only thing that really calms me down, aside from online shopping and cookie dough, is cleaning. I don’t know why, it’s just so soothing! I love it. That and cleaning up the recycling center at my sorority house (fun stories to come about that topic soon).

Alright, so I’m a grandma, but hey, at least I’m a clean one!

Rae Stoffel is a senior at Butler University studying Journalism with a double minor in French and strategic communications. With an affinity for iced coffee, blazers, and the worlds worst jokes, she calls herself a witty optomistic, which can be heavily reflected in her writing. Stoffel is a Chicago native looking forward to returning to the windy city post graduation. 
Jazmine Bowens is a senior at Butler University. She is a Psychology major with a minor in Neuroscience and the Campus Corespondent for Butler University's Her Campus chapter. When she isn't in class, she's writing poetry, reading romance novels, or hanging out with her friends. Jazmine hopes to one day become an environmental lawyer and a published novelist.