Nostalgia

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Butler chapter.

Do you know what I like? Nostalgia. So I am about to take you down memory lane with some pictures of the past. You could even call them artifacts. (It would be a strech to call them that, but I’ll allow it).

1) Dragon Tales

This was my show y’all. On my phone I swear I did not look this up, but I still know the rhyme they say to enter dragon land. It goes “I wish, I wish, with all my heart to fly with dragons in the land apart.” Boom there it is. I am not 100% sure that is how it goes, because once again, I did not look it up. However, I do know that I am damn close to the right version. 

2) Neopets  

If Dragon Tales was my show then this was my game. Neopets is the best thing that has ever happend to this world, and before you ask, yes, I am including Betty White. I can still remember going to the Giving Tree and continuosly refreshing the page in hopes that something better than smelly old socks was up for grabs. Then after failing at that for a little while I would go to the space omelet thing and filled my little guy up. Wow, memories. 

3) Tamagotchi

I’m going to be honest here. I have never owned one of these, and quite frankly, don’t even know what they are nor what they do. I added this toy (?) for y’all. It was my attempt to appeal to the masses. 

4) Silly Bands

Silly Bands. I payed $6 for these little suckers only for them to drop in price by 90% one week later. I am the type of person that will resist fads for a long time in hopes that I will wait them out only to give in right when the fad is ending. It is always tragic, and probably always will be. 

5) The Land Before Time

The only reason I still have that big box that accepts little movie filled boxes (i.e. tapes) is this movie series. This is my childhood. This is it. Take this away and all that is left is soiled diapers and temper tantrums. The life lessons learned, the tears shed, and the laughs. Never forget the laughs. Wow. Really nothing else to say. 

6)Snap Crackle Pop There Goes Your Head Hairties

MOMMA. WATCH WHAT YOU ARE DOING. ONE MORE HAND SLIP AND MY HEAD IS GOING TO HAVE MOON CRATERS. DANG IT MOMMA.

dang it…

momma why?

7) Moon Sand

Why did I make my mom buy this? You can mold Play-doh, 7-year-old me did not need Moon Sand.

Maybe all of those didn’t hit you in the feels, but I feel like at least one got you. I hope our trip down memory lane was pleasent for you too. Until next time!

Jazmine Bowens is a senior at Butler University. She is a Psychology major with a minor in Neuroscience and the Campus Corespondent for Butler University's Her Campus chapter. When she isn't in class, she's writing poetry, reading romance novels, or hanging out with her friends. Jazmine hopes to one day become an environmental lawyer and a published novelist.